Heng Long Leopard 2A6

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Heng Long Leopard 2A6

Post by brizo58 »

Yes John they seam to be ok. Will use epoxy mixed with a little cyno done this before with rubber and metal and could not get them apart again :thumbup:. I know a lot of guys have problems with the pads. Will keep you posted as to weather they stay on but I think they will. I see you got another set witch ones!!. Also just ordered the speaker £14.00. Will soak the tracks in WD40 for a few days to bed in. The site you told me about :thumbup: got some stuff on there haven't they must be carefull there I can see myself spending a lot of money here :/ :haha: still it's only money can't take it with you. Brian... Oh forgot to say won the gear puller :thumbup: £1.99 :D . Brian...
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Is this the speaker that you were looking for?

http://cpc.farnell.com/visaton/frs7-201 ... 5-00001003

RobG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi WW,
Yep got one now :thumbup: . Brian...
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

Brian, hi Rob,

the 15 W Visaton FRS7 will blow your windows out!!! that's obviously an exaggeration but you get the picture, the sound is awesome, i have the Clarks board and DC to DC booster board and 6 W amp board, trust me it is really loud, new tracks on there way will let you know what the score is when they get here.

I don't want to rub salt in anyone's wounds, i bought on evilbay 4 Visaton FRS7 15W all 4 for £14, i know i thought i knicked them, i was expecting the police to pull up, and it was free shipping!!!!

John
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

Brian, just had a thought, don't use your 480 motors with your RX18, they will probably fry your board, keep them until you have upgraded.

John
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

I've ran 480 motors on RX18 with out problems, running current rated at 5A if that helps.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

Than you Ian, I did read somewhere, I can't for the life remember where, that it cooks the board, but I am pleased to now find out that is not the case, happy days.

John
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi John,
Well the speaker came today :thumbup:. Fitted it and your right it blew the windows out :haha:. Sounds great so now just the wheel set/gear boxes/and yes a proportion smoke unit if I can get one. Brian...
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

Nice one Brian, and a new set of windows!

Merry Xmas Brian.

Joihn
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi John,
Well metal sprockets and idler's fitted plus metal tracks inside of hull all done new speaker new floor and bulkheads :thumbup:.Will wait till after Xmas for the uprated gearboxes and wheel set decals on and a coat Matt varnish.Just the gunners sight small doors to make :thumbdown: for some reason HL did not fit them!!!. Also them headlights to sort out :crazy: no lenses over the bulbs!!. Will put some photos on as soon as I have done these bits. Brian...

Return to “Modern Tanks”