Heng Long Leopard 2A6

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Heng Long Leopard 2A6

Post by ALPHA »

edpanzer wrote:
ALPHA wrote:DON'T TEMPT ME ED .............THEY HAVE THE PRO VERSION OF THIS NOW TOO :wtf:

ALPHA
I would get the motors but I'm not sure there's room on my low profile gearboxes the motors are pretty close together.
I meant the Leo :haha: ....the motors...I'm a fence sitter...these modern tanks aren't slow...they have the need for speed :D

ALPHA
Griff450
Recruit

Post by Griff450 »

Thanks for the ideas, will check them out, have a new question now, sorry for all the questions but I'm a Newbie when it comes to tanks, I have the Tk22 hooked up and everything works but the airsoft, when I move the stick to that position the warning light flickers and the motor sounds like it's running backwards making a grinding noise, it was fine before switching boards, is this a wiring issue or programming issue, I know I need to use the remote for turning on airsoft option on the board but I figured this was for the timing of the sounds but could this be causing the issue I'm having, haven't changed the program yet due to the remote hasn't arrived yet.
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

Hi, this is definitely a wiring issue, you need to mod the wiring, there are instructions on the Clark's website.

John
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by greengiant »

Try the slow curing J B WELD in the track pads. Test it first on one of the rubber pads to see if it sticks pretty tight when fully cured. I've used the stuff to bond a lot of different stuff [ a quarter of my work trucks oil pan is j b weld ] but never on anything rubbery.
The quick setting version doesn't work well on plastic but will stick tight to metal.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Could be your gun polarities are wrong and the gears are running backwards....or............it could also be the piston pull back or one of the gears is stripped that would cause a grinding noise as well

GIANT....is your post for this thread or this one viewtopic.php?f=195&t=17769

ALPHA
Griff450
Recruit

Post by Griff450 »

Wiring is what I figured, well since the rain doesn't want to give me a break here in Florida I have plenty of shop time to work on it.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Griff450 wrote:Wiring is what I figured, well since the rain doesn't want to give me a break here in Florida I have plenty of shop time to work on it.
You're in Taigen country over there in Florida Griff...a good thing for you ...as replacement parts are more available :D

Good Luck :thumbup:

ALPHA
Griff450
Recruit

Post by Griff450 »

Well that was fun, had to rewire turret and gun and mine came with the 360 turn already installed so not all colors match at both ends so had to lay it all out on the table and wire it from scratch according to clark site but all works and I have both direction elevation and airsoft, only kept airsoft cause to me a tank that can actually shoot a projectile makes it a tank, have a couple more upgrade parts to come in and I'll be done. Think I enjoy the building of it more than anything and think I'll do a sherman build next.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Griff450 wrote:Well that was fun, had to rewire turret and gun and mine came with the 360 turn already installed so not all colors match at both ends so had to lay it all out on the table and wire it from scratch according to clark site but all works and I have both direction elevation and airsoft, only kept airsoft cause to me a tank that can actually shoot a projectile makes it a tank, have a couple more upgrade parts to come in and I'll be done. Think I enjoy the building of it more than anything and think I'll do a sherman build next.
Cool Griff...I had to modify my turret Ring to make it 360 turn...wiring on the Abrams is very simple...so I didn't have to worry too much about them getting tangled during rotations...mine has BB too...won't be changing that right away either...as there are a few companies that are working on a recoil / bb combo unit...so patience with just play in with that mod ;)

You're going to do a Sherman?????????????? 8O Get yourself ready for a trip through research Hell :lolno: ....Just Kidding...I did two already...and they are my favorites to run :D

ALPHA

Return to “Modern Tanks”