PLA ZTZ99 colour advice

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: PLA ZTZ99 colour advice

Post by jarndice »

It does leave you wondering what sort of battlefield the Chinese army is expecting to fight on with their white wall tyres (tires) :haha: :haha: :haha: but I think your hard work shows what can be achieved with some research and skill with stencils and paint, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jarndice wrote:It does leave you wondering what sort of battlefield the Chinese army is expecting to fight on with their white wall tyres (tires) :haha: :haha: :haha: but I think your hard work shows what can be achieved with some research and skill with stencils and paint, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: shaun
I agree WO2c ....the pixelization in digital binoculars might not pick up a walking man....but those of a tank are questionable 8O not sure why any country does it...maybe because of satellites ...but tanks put out a pretty good heat signature :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Nice Job replicating the paint JohnD :thumbup:

ALPHA
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

jarndice wrote:It does leave you wondering what sort of battlefield the Chinese army is expecting to fight on with their white wall tyres (tires) :haha: :haha: :haha: but I think your hard work shows what can be achieved with some research and skill with stencils and paint, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: shaun
I used to have a ZTZ99, that I converted to a 99A. I did mine in desert camo as there was no way that I was going down the digital route. :crazy:

One thing I discovered was that the parade paint schemes that you see all over the web are just that, they are painted up to look all nice and smart when running in military parades. The white rims aren't used on battlefield tanks.

I never saw the point in digital camo until I was travelling across Spain on a motorcycle. I came over a crest into a valley, and about 5 miles away was a mountain. It was just a plain old mountain with shrubbery on it. As I got closer started to think I was seeing things? An entire office complex had been painted in huge digital camo, and this place was vast. It was absolutely invisible until you were on top of it?
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
tankmad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by tankmad »

Nice job I done one a couple of years ago it was hard to paint.
Stevie
http://www.tankworld.co.uk
This is not an obsession I can give it up anytime

Return to “Modern Tanks”