HE 1/16 2A6 Leopard

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
CBBC34
Recruit

HE 1/16 2A6 Leopard

Post by CBBC34 »

Hi all
I'm Clive and I run a model club in Godstone in surrey, my background is in aircraft modelling and I have been known to take on a small amount of armour modelling here and there. I also fly model aircraft to which I can't do at present due to the weather conditions, but now I have ventured into virgin territory the rc tank world and I can't wait to get started. This is my first ever rc tank and I'm totally blown away by it, its the Hobby Engine Leopard 2A6 and I can't say I have seen much on this particular rc tank as all or most seem to be split between the Tamiya 2A6 and the Henglong 2A5. Here are a few pic's of the new toy :) all I need to do now is get used to operating the thing then I hope to make a few upgrades once I got the hang of this rc tank thing ;) . By the way I also got a HobbyBoss 1/16 Tiger I for farthers day 2013 but I have not a clue about them so I had to buy a small ref book on the tank and I will start her at some point soon.

And here's the Tiger Tank.

Cheers for stopping by Clive.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: HE 1/16 2A6 Leopard

Post by PainlessWolf »

Clive,
Enjoy your Leopard, Sir. The Hobby Engine stuff holds up well over the years with a little maint. and attention to details. I have an elder Abrams and just replaced the tracks on it last year. It still runs very well.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
M1A1
M1A1
M1A1.JPG (91.58 KiB) Viewed 3719 times
...Here for the Dawn...
CBBC34
Recruit

Post by CBBC34 »

Hi
Cheers painless for the heads up I'm hoping that my 2A6 will last and not grow into one of those Tamiya Leopards but then again it wouldn't hurt :) :)
well here is the inside of my Leopard I only opened her up because a piece of plastic was rolling around inside her, was very annoying. Still now that we have had a look inside can any of you lay some light on some upgrades please as this all looks very basic compared to my aircraft. Can the receiver be replaced and do I need a speed controller or can I use an esp (electronic speed control) what motors can I use and how do I go about sorting out that slow moving turret.

So there you have it the insides of my HE Leopard 2A6 thanks for stopping by.

Clive :thumbup:
CBBC34
Recruit

Post by CBBC34 »

Hi all
well here she is sporting her new scratch built aerials, orange beacon and camera, the camera had a new facia made from plastic card to make it stand out and the beacon was clear plastic sprue moulded into shape and the rest of it is plastic rod in various sizes and shaped. The aerials were made from plastic rod and their holders/mounts were made again from plastic rod and shaped. Now its onto the cargo bins at the rear I can't afford the adfter market ones so I will attempt to scratch build them using brass tubing and some mesh I have.

Cheers for stopping by Clive.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon,
Looking much better there, Clive. All of the detail work is very well done! I really like the Beacon.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
CBBC34
Recruit

Post by CBBC34 »

Hi painless it looks like your the only interest I'm getting so thanks for your kind words and interest. Here she is again but I've done a bit of weathering to her hope you like it cheers.

She will soon be finished but I have still got to do the baskets I can't stand those aweful ones on there at the mo.

Clive 8)
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Clive,
I appreciate a good tank, whoever the manufacturer might be. ;o) You have done some bang up work here. I do like the weathering. Is the sand effect a pastel dust or a light coat of desert yellow?
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
CBBC34
Recruit

Post by CBBC34 »

Hi I've used Tamiya NATO colours for the camo then used artists oils for the weathering. The wash is a mix of white and umber thinned down and applied with a brush.

Clive
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Clive,
It's an excellent job done then. I thought it was sprayed on.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi clive just seen your post thats a really nice job you have done there. I'm like you I like the more modern tanks and I like to see a tank thats been used My abrams has been weathered the same I like it well done.
in the garden fending of our kitten
in the garden fending of our kitten
denzil
opp's you said get off the road

Return to “Modern Tanks”