VsTank Pro Abrams with lower hull problems

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
bfrank1982
Private

VsTank Pro Abrams with lower hull problems

Post by bfrank1982 »

Hi guys.

I seek your advice.

The bottom plate/door under my VsTank Abrams has sort of buggled/bent slightly downwards. I believe it is due to the rechargeable batteries, wich seem to have a hard time to stay in place. They seem to be just a mm wider i circumference, making them hard to fit into the compartment
Whilst drivning, the batteries og loose, and the tank stops.

I have not been able to find a replacement plate/door without having to buy a complete lower hull

Have you Got Any ideas on How I Might be able to reinforce the bottom plate?

Regards
Last edited by bfrank1982 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: VsTank Pro Abrams with lover hull problems

Post by ALPHA »

bfrank1982 wrote:Hi guys.

I seek your advice.

The bottom plate/door under my VsTank Abrams has sort of buggled/bent slightly downwards. I believe it is due to the rechargeable batteries, wich seem to have a hard time to stay in place. They seem to be just a mm wider i circumference, making them hard to fit into the compartment

I have not been able to find a replacement plate/door without having to buy a complete lower hull

Have you Got Any ideas on How I Might be able to reinforce the bottom plate?

Regards
Just a Suggestion you could try.... find a suitable thickness of plasticard... sand and glue it to the bottom area surrounding the battery hatch to lower the ground clearance...take a cookie sheet when wife is not looking... trace you current battery cover onto the aluminum...making the lock tabs a little longer than they should be so you can bend them for a level profile...with the modified hull... hopefully this will help... you might have to extend the battery connector ...or if it's the type that takes normal batteries... some firm foam should keep the batteries in place... secure the foam with two sided tape :D

GOOD LUCK

ALPHA
bfrank1982
Private

Post by bfrank1982 »

Hi Alpha.

Thanx for the advice. I can tell you have Heng Long tanks? I am seriously thinking about upgrading to 1/16 to have more Ground clearance power and so on.

Are yours standard HL tanks,I mean alle plastic, or have you upgraded to metal parts?
I Can not tell the different model version from eachother. How is battery time and charging time?
Does there come a speed charger?
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Better,faster more flexible parts range and best of all Larger hulls. Speed chargers do not come standard,yet the solutions are simple. Buy better batteries x 2 so your run time is longer,and the charge time of your second battery is equal to the run time of your first 30/45 minutes.

Check out the electronics section for ideas. The metal upgrades also create weight,requiring larger motors,requiring larger batteries and so on,Modifications should be researched and planned for best results.

Which of course is the wonderful thing about the forum,the sharing of ideas. Saves so much time and money to see the results before spending cash.
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: VsTank Pro Abrams with lower hull problems

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
bfrank, I run a couple of those 1/24 scale VS tanks and they are really wonderful runners when used within the scope they are intended for. (mostly indoors, light outdoors) They are also tougher to modify tho' some parts are available through Hobby shops and VS's site. Saxondog has the right of it. If you want to expand into more territory, run more tanks and use heavy metal, 1/16th is the way to go!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
mercyy
Recruit

Re: VsTank Pro Abrams with lower hull problems

Post by mercyy »

I believe it is due to the rechargeable batteries, wich seem to have a hard time to stay in place. They seem to be just a mm wider i circumference, making them hard to fit into the compartment
I agree
New Esky Honey Bee CPX 6CH

Return to “Modern Tanks”