Pulling Apart a HE Leopard 2

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
rtsMARK
Recruit

Pulling Apart a HE Leopard 2

Post by rtsMARK »

Hello,

I was wondering how you pull these things apart - it seems a little different to the Heng Long set up.

I just want to swap the crappy HE electrics for some Heng Long electrics and then running gear later on.

Cheers
Mark
Mackem
Staff Sergeant

Re: Pulling Apart a HE Leopard 2

Post by Mackem »

Hi Mark,

It's easy really, open her up, label all the wires with there functions, left motor, right motor, turret rotation etc.
Then cut all the wires as close to the circuit board as possible, take out the boards, and re-fit the HL kit.
Here's a link to my conversion of the same tank.

http://www.rctankwarfare.com/Forums/index.php/topic,175.0.html

If you need any help drop me a line.

Cheers
John
HE/HL Leopard 2-A5, HL Pz IV-F1, HL Jagdpanther (WIP), M26A1 Pershing (WIP), HL Pz III M (WIP), Bandai Hummel (WIP)
rtsMARK
Recruit

Post by rtsMARK »

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply!

WoW - you did a really good job on your Leo!
I'm getting started on mine today.
It's just gonna be the electrics for now RX14 to have the speed control.

Do you think when it's time to upgrade the tracks that i could use some Tamiya Leo 2 tracks or should i stick to the HL M26 tracks!
Mackem
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mackem »

Thanks Mark.
Regarding the tracks, it all depends how deep your pockets are.
The tamiya leo tracks and sprockets are superb but quite pricey and hard to find.
The HL Pershing tracks, gearboxes, and sprockets are always available and cheap.

Cheers
John
HE/HL Leopard 2-A5, HL Pz IV-F1, HL Jagdpanther (WIP), M26A1 Pershing (WIP), HL Pz III M (WIP), Bandai Hummel (WIP)
greeny
Recruit

Post by greeny »

Hi just read your thread about converting the HE to heng long electronics as regard the tracks you will need a set of heng long pershing tracks and sprockets but you will need another track to lengthen the original pershing tracks as they are too short for the H E Leopard Tamiya leopard tracks and sprockets are expensive and the tamiya sprockets will not for the gearboxes i looked into doing the same conversion but didnt in the end,dont know whether you would be interested but i have a set of 3 heng long pershing metal tracks and sprockets here and was going to put them on e bay i bought then from dave and julie of forgebear if you were interested id rather they went to someone off the forum so we can all see the project develop,well just a thought,Greeny

Return to “Modern Tanks”