Weathering new metal tracks.

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
blimp
Sergeant

Re: Weathering new metal tracks.

Post by blimp »

Glass bowels ? 8O
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
Steve_The_Tank
Recruit

Post by Steve_The_Tank »

blimp wrote:Glass bowels ? 8O
me and my grammer sorry >:<
Wittmann83
Recruit

Post by Wittmann83 »

Hi, I'm thinking about using that product you talk about 'Birchwood Casey SUPER BLUE Gun Bluing Liquid Blue' but my problem is, my tracks are already painted black, is there any problem with that? Will I get the same effect even if they are not raw metal?? Thanks a lot! :thumbup:
Kye
Private

Post by Kye »

The blueing didn't work for me as there is very little steel in my tracks. Check with a magnetic first. I'm told that there is blueing for aluminium out there, but I have no idea how well it works.
mariann
Recruit

Post by mariann »

I use it at work to antique brass handles on repro furniture.After a quick dip or brush application the tracks go black,rinse excess of with water and dry,
That' great
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

Hi Guys,
I think that the reason that it did not work for Kye is that the ebay link quoted was for STEEL blackening liquid !!..... BUT are tracks are an alloy.. so the liqiud that you want is for Aluminium.. and is actually the product mentioned in the original link....
THIS is the stuff that you need....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Birchwood-Cas ... 2c798ee88d

I know that I am being a bit picky.... but its a shame that they spelt Aluminium Wrongly .... :( ... A British man is credited ( Davy) with discovering it and HE later named it to match Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium.....Hence the extra letter 'I'..... unfortunately the North American branch of the Empire does not appear to have received the 'updated' memo...... :haha:
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Post by mutt71 »

Thanks for thus tip! I am heading out to get a couple of bottles of this at my local gun shop.
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull

Return to “Tips and Tricks”