Securing your bottle of EMA glue

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Securing your bottle of EMA glue

Post by AlwynTurner »

After tipping my bottle of EMA plastic weld over for the upteenth time to the destruction and damage of the work bench top and surrounding plastic and pla parts:'( :/ :haha: I decided to stop it happen in EVER again. I stuck the bottle to a piece of square styrene (ply or something similar would also work).

Problem solved.
Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Securing your bottle of EMA glue

Post by jarndice »

Alwyn you know why you keep tipping over the EMA bottle don't you ? It's the fumes, Enough to knock over a charging elephant let alone cause infirmity in a mere man, :crazy:
Best bond between 2 pieces of Plasticard available though :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Good solution (sic) Alwyn, but nailing the styrene to the table may be a good idea given the storm due to visit us tomorrow!!!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

We've already experienced Dudley and that wasn't a lot of fun! 8O :crazy: I tried walking the dog in the local park and had a couple of interesting experiences with heavy gusts, the dog was decidedly underwhelmed, and we beat a hasty retreat to hearth and home (and man cave of course). Tonight is forecast to be pretty evil with some SNOW expected, What the !£$% we are on the coast already - it just isn't supposed to snow here!

Anyway I'm battening down the hatches and putting the wheelie bins away in preparation.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I'm lucky to own a set of hole saws, therefore a suitable sized hole in a scrap of wood works for me.

I opened a bottle of that stuff a while ago for a small job, the bottle had a metal lid, went to use it again month's later, and the whole bottle had evaporated away :(

Alwyn, I hope you don't have a small dog, otherwise people may give you strange looks for thinking you're flying a kite in such strong winds :haha:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Mick it was more a case of my rather large labradoodle preventing me from becoming the kite! :crazy: :haha: :/
So far we are ok as Storm Eunice hasn't made her presence known but that is all due to change this evening, we are being warned of 80mph winds, so the next posting may be from Kansas or maybe eastern Europe. :haha: :haha:

Alwyn :wave: :thumbup:

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

AlwynTurner wrote:we are being warned of 80mph winds, so the next posting may be from Kansas or maybe eastern Europe. :haha: :haha:

Alwyn :wave: :thumbup:
If that is the case, don't you have to click the heels of your red slippers three times and think of home ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I am hoping the wind will be from the East so that the nice Ms Poppins can blow in and take control of the grandkids over the half term holidays :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
You have done nothing wrong til' you have inadvertently flung your nearly complete ( painted ) figure headfirst into a bottle of paint. Harmonica Girl ended up in the acrylic Brown that I was doing her hair with. At least it washed off with warm water but sheesh!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I have a rack full of 15mm bottles. They never tip over, although I've been known to. :/ :D
A similar, scaled-up rack populated by EMA bottles, might be the answer- (I nearly wrote 'solution'; but GJ noticed the trap). Just remember- through the heady fumes- to put the bottle back in the holder immediately after use- EVERY TIME, Alwyn. :crazy:
'Eunice' is scheduled to deliver blizzards to North West Scotland, but without the tile and tree-launching winds ( I hope). 'Malik' dumped my compost bin lid in the middle of a field; but I learned long ago not to leave the washing out... :D
A blizzard might well demand some internal central heating, courtesy of an aged single-malt. :problem: :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”