Great source for drawings and blueprints

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
Rob1970
Corporal

Great source for drawings and blueprints

Post by Rob1970 »

Hey folks,

I've been using https://www.the-blueprints.com for ages when I am building and or scratchbuilding stuff. They have a lot of blueprints, drawings, profiles and whatnot of just about anything you can think of. Most of it is free, but there is a payed feature to get some drawing in SVG format. Personally always could find anything I wanted/needed from the free stuff. ;D

TTFN,
Rob
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
delta19
Recruit

Re: Great source for drawings and blueprints

Post by delta19 »

Don't know if I'm missing something or it changed but now almost all blueprints for german WW2 vehicles cost €18 a blueprint.
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

delta19 wrote:Don't know if I'm missing something or it changed but now almost all blueprints for german WW2 vehicles cost €18 a blueprint.
That's not what I've seen, most let you download with a "left-click/save as". Altho some blueprints have high-res option you can buy, but I have seldom needed to go that far.

Edit; Or were you looking at the vector drawings tab? Yeah, those are pricey...
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
delta19
Recruit

Post by delta19 »

yeah probably looking at the wrong tab, guess this is what happens when you try and search stuff after smoking your head at work.

but, even in the right tab none of the SD. KFZ 251 pictures have any measurements or scale and only 3 of the 16 include views of all 4 sides.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Yes, well I've used drawings for the Comet, Cromwell and Comet from there, and posted them here in build threads.
Thus far, I've not paid a penny for them.
Some have doubts about their accuracy, but I was always happy to have them there in a supporting role. One thing that puzzles me, though: how can all the drawings/ blueprints be the work of the (mysterious) Dr Dan Saranga? :problem:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
delta19
Recruit

Post by delta19 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Yes, well I've used drawings for the Comet, Cromwell and Comet from there, and posted them here in build threads.
Thus far, I've not paid a penny for them.
Some have doubts about their accuracy, but I was always happy to have them there in a supporting role. One thing that puzzles me, though: how can all the drawings/ blueprints be the work of the (mysterious) Dr Dan Saranga? :problem:
In that case wouldn't mind sharing how you go about pulling dimensions would you? Got a month off coming up so and wouldn't mind trying my hand at a scratch build seeing as how I'll have access to a hobby store with most stuff I need on hand.
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

Thanks Rob, I had forgotten about that site. I downloaded a few Matilda II drawings that will come in very handy when I tackle the Ludwig kit sometime in the future.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”