Remove the gun from mantlet on Jagdtiger

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Remove the gun from mantlet on Jagdtiger

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Whew! I was hoping I had it right, but couldn't be certain. As the saying goes, "Even a blind monkey finds a banana once in a while." :D
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

I also cut the mantlet like you (fredthefrench) show in the photos ( both parts to yeah) to get access to the clip' inside , and I had a friend machine down the barrel ( the part where the clip is ) to fit inside the clark universal recoil kit( + home made base ) and to get more length so it actually would recoil . It could probably been machined even alittle more , to get a slightly longer throw when recoiling, but overall I'm happy with how it came out

phpBB [video]

sadly When I tried to get the IR mantlet + barrel I was told I had to buy complete upper hull :crazy:
Drammen Rock City
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

Jofaur86 wrote:Hello Fred, :D
yes, I have the same concerns as Her professor, with age I find the mm on a rule :O smaller and smaller ?? Fred, for having discussed with Franck last night, he also thinks that Torro, Taigen or HL is the same :thumbup:

Thank you Jofaur!!!! And say hello to Franck for me, next time!!! :thumbup:
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

maxmekker wrote:I also cut the mantlet like you (fredthefrench) show in the photos ( both parts to yeah) to get access to the clip' inside , and I had a friend machine down the barrel ( the part where the clip is ) to fit inside the clark universal recoil kit( + home made base ) and to get more length so it actually would recoil . It could probably been machined even alittle more , to get a slightly longer throw when recoiling, but overall I'm happy with how it came out

phpBB [video]

sadly When I tried to get the IR mantlet + barrel I was told I had to buy complete upper hull :crazy:
Good evening maxmekker.

To be honest, your Jagdtiger is my model. I need to remake each side. 1.5 mm+ 2 mm+ 0.5 mm of styrene. :thumbup:

Mine will be the X7, but a lot of work, because previous owner have made impact holes. Some differents hooks are broken and front plate was broken too (now this part has been repaired)... :thumbup:
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...

Return to “Tips and Tricks”