Remove the gun from mantlet on Jagdtiger

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Remove the gun from mantlet on Jagdtiger

Post by FredtheFrench »

Good afternoon.

Somebody can explain me (if it is possible), to remove the barrel, from the mantlet on a jagdtiger. It was a bb shot, but I need to remove barrel to transform with recoil.

I seen a hole under mantlet, but no bolts in this hole...

Thanks. :wave:
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Remove the gun from mantlet on Jagdtiger

Post by Jofaur86 »

Bonjour Fred :D
Le trou c’est pour avoir une arivée d’air,pour propulser les billes ,sur certains il y en a même deux !!
Sur un tir bille,en principe le canon est rentr? en force ( voir collé ? ) dans le le mécanisme,puisque pas de recul,par contre il peut y avoir un système de blocage par une partie plastique ?je viens de regarder sur un tir bille ( canon métal) de KT de chez Torro ,et c’est fait ainsi,par contre j’ai un m?plat sur la partie la plus grosse du canon niveau mantelet ,mais aucune trace de vissage :( me rappelle plus comment j’avais fais? Mais souviens pas avoir galéré!!!!!!Pour moi ,tout doit sortir par l’arrière ,vue que sur toutes les photos ,le masque reste sur la tourelle ?
76D8A6EE-5817-4E3B-B4A8-DC5D266793C8.jpeg
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Is it possible to write the text in english?
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

Hello Fred: D
The hole is to have an air inlet, to propel the balls, on some there are even two !!
On a ball shot, in principle the barrel is forced (see glued?) Into the mechanism, because no recoil, on the other hand there may be a locking system by a plastic part? I just looked on a KT ball shot (metal barrel) from Torro, and it's done like this, on the other hand I have a flat on the biggest part of the barrel level mantelet, but no trace of screwing :( remember how I did it? But don't remember having had a hard time !!!!!! For me, everything must come out from the rear, seeing that in all the photos, the mask remains on the turret?
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

Thanks Michel. But impossible to remove. I can turn it, but I think it is crimped in the mantlet... :think:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

jhamm wrote:Is it possible to write the text in english?
Hello,
Sorry, copy wrong link in translation >:<
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

There's a metal clip which keeps it in place, the two parts of the mantlet are glued around it.

You have to either some how separate the parts of the mantlet or destroy the mantlet to get the barrel out.

Rctabk.de used to have a conversion kit from BB to IR but I'm not sure now.
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

Thank you very much for answer Tomhugill... :thumbup:

I will try, but afraid to destroy mantlet. I searched for a gun especially for recoil, but no seller sale this part, if I break mine...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Mr Fred, I have a plastic barrel and mantle left over from my Mattoro build ages ago. The mantle is quite close to the one I replaced it with, if you want it so you can experiment without consequences, pm your address and I will send it to you free
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

Thank you very much for your attention Herman. I really appreciate. But for moment it will be not necessary, because the gun is removed from mantlet.

Tomorrow, I will put picture to explain.

Thanks guys for help. Tom was right, it is a metal clip!!! :thumbup:

Return to “Tips and Tricks”