Tigre I HEng Long

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Tigre I HEng Long

Post by jarndice »

Jofaur86 wrote:Hello :D
Personally, I would have preferred, that someone told me if interesting, known, or not? I just wanted to share an info, issued from a French forum
Have a good day :thumbup:
Of course it is interesting and it pleases me that you found it and showed it to us,
I only suggested that if the measurements had been 1/16 then anyone interested in having an accurate Tiger 1 Body could print the drawing and use the drawing as a template over an existing Tiger 1 Body without having to convert the dimensions provided in your picture BUT you have certainly made the conversion much easier for which I am grateful :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

quitcherbitchen wrote:Just so I understand what is going on. The Turret on the HL is in the wrong place?
For many years Heng Long and Taigen have insisted that they are not connected in any way and yet both company's Tiger 1s duplicate the radio aerial stowage on both sides of the engine bay whereas Tamiya get it right and yes both Heng Long and Taigen have the Tiger 1 turret in exactly the same wrong position and yet again Tamiya get it right and then there is the Panzer 4,
Both Heng Long and Taigen have the engine bay silhouette wrong to exactly the same degree and Tamiya has it right,
Does anyone still think this is all coincidence.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

quitcherbitchen wrote:Just so I understand what is going on. The Turret on the HL is in the wrong place?
if we in principle that well centered of origin? during the rotation, we quickly perceive which is offset, hence this diagram to make the modification, of course it is necessary to reinforce the underside after cutting by gluing of plastic bands. Attach the link on RC Groupe forum, which will be appropriate can better for understanding and with dimensions in Inches
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... ads-of-Pix
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

C7D8146D-FFFB-494B-8967-FAE0FE71F813.jpeg
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jofaur86,

I've found this post most interesting. As Sir Jarndice has noted, Heng Long and Taigen brands are pretty much one and the same (I've always had my suspicions). I've also always thought that my Taigen Tiger 1 turret placement looked off by just a bit. It appeared too far forward by just a bit. I never bothered to validate that; but bingo, here's this post! Nice to know; that since staring at pictures of Tiger 1's since I was a young boy, some small bit of info stuck in my gray matter for all these years! :/ :haha:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Tubby
Recruit

Post by Tubby »

jarndice wrote:
For many years Heng Long and Taigen have insisted that they are not connected in any way and yet both company's Tiger 1s duplicate the radio aerial stowage on both sides of the engine bay whereas Tamiya get it right and yes both Heng Long and Taigen have the Tiger 1 turret in exactly the same wrong position and yet again Tamiya get it right and then there is the Panzer 4,
Both Heng Long and Taigen have the engine bay silhouette wrong to exactly the same degree and Tamiya has it right,
Does anyone still think this is all coincidence.

Taigen/Torro appear to be using modified Heng Long moulds.

As indeed when the Taigen branded tanks first appeared, they were in fact Heng Long tanks with a Taigen/Torro sticker on the transmitter and tank.

They appear to have reverse engineered the RX18 into their V1, V2 and current V3 boards, and their tanks are comprised of Heng Long and Asiatam parts.

The metal chassis' and track are from Asiatam, as are the recoil units.

Torro has jumped from one to the next, from the WSN/Trumpeter which they appear to have bought out the Trumpeter part, to the Heng Long/Asiatam hybrids that they are now selling.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”