Very Early Tiger1 Tip

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
Jimster
Lieutenant

Very Early Tiger1 Tip

Post by Jimster »

For those who model a very early Tiger1 with the low hanging starter handle (thanks Jarndice) and actually drive their tanks, I’ve found a way to easily hang the handle without it being knocked off during missions. Here’s the type of handle I’m talking about.
I glued my scratch built handle in the rear and it broke off within moments of driving in the backyard. Hmm. Luckily I found the handle but I wanted a way to use it without fear of loss. Then I remembered some two sided rubbery super sticky tape I had.
I cut a very thin strip of the tape and it’s been hanging on for weeks now during fairly rough maneuvers in sketchy terrain. I keep checking it because I’m paranoid about losing it but so far so good. Just thought the very very few early Tiger modelers would find this useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Re: Very Early Tiger1 Tip

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi Jimster Another way to secure small stuff is to use a couple of strands from electrical wire ,drill 2 tiny holes beside the clamps and twist the wire together inside the hull. if you superglue the wire its a pain to remove.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I actually considered doing that but didn’t feel like drilling holes in the back wall. Great idea but I guess I was too lazy. If I ever lose this handle I’ll use your method for sure. Thanks.
The sticky soft tape does allow for some up and down give besides the swinging motion though. I’ve bounced this off of some rocks and it still sticks.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

And what make/brand is this two sided rubbery super sticky tape?
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Alas and alack. It has no name on the product and I’ve had it for a few years. I can’t remember. Shame on me but something similar should be as good.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

It's probably what's commonly know as in RC shops as servo tape. Its also freely available in car parts shops as number plate tape.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Found it today while at a Walmart store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Tips and Tricks”