Still available!

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Still available!

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Twenty odd years ago l purchased a large scale model of a Kawasaki ZXR750 and with it, two tinlets of Revell red and amber clear paint- 730,731. I used these to tint the lenses on the brake and turn lamps. Since then, whenever l paint lamps on vehicles, including modern tanks, l use these tins. The tinted varnish can easily be built up to create three dimentional lenses where they are just flat, as on the rear of a HL Chally 2, and you can build a lens over a led to much improve the look. However, my two OAP tins finally dried out and l had a Taigen amber flashing led in a clear glass bubble on a pole to fit to the turret. The real thing has an amber glass.

To my great surprise a quick Google search for old stock revealed lots of retailers with still in the range new stock, just delivered despite being non-essential!

Okay, l admit lm posting this news predominantly because lm bored BUT if you've not tried this stuff then do! It's easy to apply, very good and lasts for years ;)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Still available!

Post by jarndice »

I thought for one dreadful minute that you were going to paint your ZXR 750 RED 8O ,
I had one of these in my youth it had the firmest back end of any bike I have ever ridden but it went round corners as though it was on rails,
Never felt safer than when I was riding that bike,Turn up at Snetterton for a track day, knock out the road pads and put in the hard pads and GO,
Sold it and replaced it with a ZR 750 Zephyr which was (Metallescent)Red and saved me a fortune in insurance cover :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Tips and Tricks”