Recycling

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Recycling

Post by Max-U52 »

Hi Guys. I looked around and couldn't find another thread on this topic, so maybe this can be our thread for recycling tips. I'd really like to hear how you took a piece of RC kit that was kaput and should have gone in the circular file, but you rescued it and turned it into something useful.

My first contribution will be how I took the controller from a junk twenty-dollar drone and made it into a little power supply for simple tests, like LEDs and small motors like they use for turret and elevation.

phpBB [video]

What have you done lately? 8) :haha: :/

:wave: :wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Recycling

Post by jarndice »

I used to buy exacto blades almost weekly until I bought an "Oilstone",
Every exacto blade now has an edge that gets sharpened until the blade can no longer be used without breaking.
All my modelling chisels get the same care,
All I need to update is the first aid cabinet :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Recycling

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Thanks for the tip Gary :thumbup:

Me, I never take anything electrical or that may have small screws to the dump till I've fully examined it for potential modelling shapes etc, nor before I've removed any and all small screws, nuts etc, especially those self tapping screws :thumbup:
Oh, and I also remove any good metal clips used for connecting the batteries in them.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Tips and Tricks”