Death of a Gearbox Part 2 - The Resurrection

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Death of a Gearbox Part 2 - The Resurrection

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I found a UK source for the 8oz bottles, but at £45 a pop plus postage, I don't think anyone will bother!
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

silversurfer1947 wrote:I found a UK source for the 8oz bottles, but at £45 a pop plus postage, I don't think anyone will bother!
Wow, that's three times the price. At that price I'd have to go back to baby oil. I found that straight Johnson's Baby Oil works pretty well, but it really doesn't smell like a tank. Well, unless it's a baby tank! :haha: @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

@Max

By the by, talking about smokers : finally used the ceramic resistors You so graciously sent me...

My. Word... used one to fix the ancient smoker in my (Haya 6.3 controller equipped) Jagdpanzer. ( no separate pump and heater yet. Stuck it in the heater port CN11) It works.. and hòw.. the bloody thing is smoking like there’s coolant ànd oil leaking in the cylinders of that poor Maybach!! :haha: :clap: Whole room smells like a maternity ward now. And even outside with a stiff breeze, it’s still vèry visible.
( And no burny/firey smell yet)
I will take the smoker apart after about an hour’s run to see if the kevlar wick is still good, or very burnt. If it’s still in good nick, I think we found the perfect replacement for the sad, sàd little resistor wire HL uses..

Return to “Tips and Tricks”