Coaxial MG 34

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
Ragnar
Corporal

Coaxial MG 34

Post by Ragnar »

After removing the red LED in the gun Manlet of my Taigen metal Tiger 1 Mid version I had the idea of replacing it with a coaxial MG.
It now has a dummy mg 34 fashioned from a spare gun barrel from my PZIII , looks pretty good but also had another idea I wish to run by the members ! That’s the idea of removing the led and the smoke unit then using the existing wiring to splice in a working MG 34 with led to operate off the smoke unit toggle switch which I believe originally operated the bow machine gun. Not being a big fan of smoke units thought this sounded Ike a hell of a idea to me !
Attachments
03E3FE88-1C3E-4083-9EF9-45509CB49912.jpeg
03E3FE88-1C3E-4083-9EF9-45509CB49912.jpeg (76.97 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Coaxial MG 34

Post by jarndice »

If its any consolation I have never seen a helpful answer to how best to wire up a working Co-Axial MG on this Forum.
Someone must have done it I just wish they would share the information.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I have a working coaxial machine gun in my Panzer 3. (led only!). However, all I did was wire it parallel to the Hull gun.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jarndice wrote:If its any consolation I have never seen a helpful answer to how best to wire up a working Co-Axial MG on this Forum.
Someone must have done it I just wish they would share the information.
I think you have ASP boards right? If I remember right, it has three machine gun outputs.

For sure I have 2 wired, and I do play the sound of the third, cal50. All of them independiently of the others.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Must admit that I have never had a control unit that didn't have an MG output before, I assume that the Taigen doesn't have that?

You could use the smoker output, but you would obviously need the appropreate resister for the voltage, and you would need a flashing LED - not redily available in the smaller sizes unless you replaced your MG with a length of fibre optic and sat the flashing LED back in the mantlet?
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

Tiger6 wrote:Must admit that I have never had a control unit that didn't have an MG output before, I assume that the Taigen doesn't have that?

You could use the smoker output, but you would obviously need the appropreate resister for the voltage, and you would need a flashing LED - not redily available in the smaller sizes unless you replaced your MG with a length of fibre optic and sat the flashing LED back in the mantlet?
You make several good points , regular led would simply have a steady glow huh!
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition

Return to “Tips and Tricks”