Cheap and easy paint remover

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
wibblywobbly
Major

Cheap and easy paint remover

Post by wibblywobbly »

This is what I use, and it's available at any supermarket or pound store in the cosmetic section.

Nail varnish remover for plastic nails. Acetone Free.

Make sure you get the stuff for plastic nails as this remover does not damage plastic.

Simply put some on cotton wool, or earbuds, and wipe. The paint simply disappears.
Attachments
IMG_20190807_101714.jpg
IMG_20190805_133033.jpg
IMG_20190807_135049.jpg
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Greywoolfe64
Recruit

Re: Cheap and easy paint remover

Post by Greywoolfe64 »

That looks pretty neat! I used ti use Windolene window cleaner, with which you can only remove paint from small items by leaving them for ten minutes or so in a neat solution- and then you have to be careful in case it weakened the plastic and the item goes brittle! :haha: :{ This looks to be a simpler and more elegant solution. :clap:
"You didn't say nothin' about locking horns with no Tigers, baby!"- Oddball, Kelly's Heroes.
My garage: HL Tiger 1, T34/85, King Tiger (Henschel turret) and Gaz 66 'Shishiga'.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”