An alternative to Double sided tape.

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
jarndice
Colonel

An alternative to Double sided tape.

Post by jarndice »

As a for instance I fit working front fenders (From WOZ via Shapeways) this entails the use of metal hinges,
Until recently I stuck double sided tape on the back of the hinge then to the fender and pin viced through the two holes in the hinge,
This meant I now had to take off the hinge to remove the double sided tape before I could tap a thread then fit a bolt and washer,
I discovered that the makers of "Pritt Sticks" make a water soluble liquid glue in a tube( Available from Sainsburys Stores),
Now I put a drop of the water soluble glue in place then align the hinge and leave the glue to dry then pin vice two holes then tap the thread and then chase the bolt through the washer into the fender and finish the job by running the completed fender under the cold water tap while giving the fender a gentle scrub with an old toothbrush to get rid of the glue.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Tips and Tricks”