Adding and Securing Stowage

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
steve_pickstock
Recruit

Adding and Securing Stowage

Post by steve_pickstock »

I'm curious about a couple of things.

My Firefly 1C is back from Niall's. (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=25553)

So the next thing is painting and rigging it out with stowage thus I would like to ask two questions.

1. Do people permanently attach stowage to their vehicles or do they have a set with which they dress the tank when it's on display?
2. If you are permanently attaching stuff what method do you use?

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on this, thanks in advance.
Last edited by steve_pickstock on Wed May 01, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Adding and Securing Stowage

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

A lot of people use double sided sticky pads, strategically placed under the stowage where it's not so noticeable, making it easier to remove if needed.

I have a Sherman decorated this way :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Adding and Securing Stowage

Post by dgsselkirk »

I use a few things. One product is called goop. It is clear and flexible and with a little work can be peeled off and doesn't hurt the paint. In areas where I need to remove stowage, for example the front of the Sherman with a cross support you see on all of them, I use 1mm x 1mm x 1mm magnets on the stowage and glue them to the hull. This allows me to remove stowage to separate the upper and lower for battery changes but the magnets are strong enough for a field battle tank...
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov

Return to “Tips and Tricks”