Tamiya elevation unit

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
percy1510
Corporal

Tamiya elevation unit

Post by percy1510 »

This might save someone some money. I have repaired a Tamiya elevation unit using gears from a heng long elevation unit. The Tamiya unit is from a Pershing but I think that they are universal. A couple of the gears are stripped and the clutch gear is broken. I took apart a heng long elevation unit. It is one of the white ones from a Sherman with the newer two way elevation not the old type that goes at the back of the turret. It turns out that the gears in the heng long unit are an exact fit for the ones in the Tamiya unit. I swapped out the broken gears and my Tamiya unit is good to go. Given that Tamiya parts are not easy to find while the heng long parts are cheap and easily available, I hope this tip is useful to someone

Return to “Tips and Tricks”