Cheap modelling sander

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
wibblywobbly
Major

Cheap modelling sander

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just saw this on a site. If you need a small sander get a cheap electric toothbrush, cut the bristles off, and either glue or velcro sandpaper on. Apparently it works very well on styrene. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Cheap modelling sander

Post by c.rainford73 »

wibblywobbly wrote:Just saw this on a site. If you need a small sander get a cheap electric toothbrush, cut the bristles off, and either glue or velcro sandpaper on. Apparently it works very well on styrene. Image
That's a great idea Mr Wibbly. I have two children and when they wear out thier current electric toothbrushes I'll keep them and try itImage

I would have never tried this out! Thank you
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

c.rainford73 wrote:
wibblywobbly wrote:Just saw this on a site. If you need a small sander get a cheap electric toothbrush, cut the bristles off, and either glue or velcro sandpaper on. Apparently it works very well on styrene. Image
That's a great idea Mr Wibbly. I have two children and when they wear out thier current electric toothbrushes I'll keep them and try itImage

I would have never tried this out! Thank you
Woo-up Mr Rainford,.................you can just turn your kids into slave-sanders just because they wear out their toothbrushes 8O :shifty: :haha:
Great idea though.
I use a thing called a renovator.
I will try find a link to it.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:https://buyrenovator.com.au/products/multi-tool/

works a treat.
I like this.... Herman in another way that sander idea could benefit my children with thier overall tooth healthImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Tips and Tricks”