Torro King Tiger Tarr smoke unit upgrade

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
TJ-metal51
Recruit

Torro King Tiger Tarr smoke unit upgrade

Post by TJ-metal51 »

Hi, today I replaced the stock smoke unit on the Torro KT with a Tarr proportional unit. I like the unit as it's nice and quiet and produces a good amount of smoke. I'd like it to mimic startup, but I guess I'll have to change the main control unit to do that. Anyway, here's some pics. I'll try and get a video up in a bit.
Attachments
WP_20160206_007-1600x900.jpg
WP_20160206_006-1600x900.jpg
WP_20160206_005-1600x900.jpg
WP_20160206_004-1600x900.jpg
WP_20160206_003-1600x900.jpg
WP_20160206_002-1600x900.jpg
TJ-metal51
Recruit

Re: Torro King Tiger Tarr smoke unit upgrade

Post by TJ-metal51 »

tao
Staff Sergeant

Post by tao »

Torro KT is a nice tank! And the TARRs are the best smoke units.Plenty of room for everything too. If you ever move to a sound system the Acoustic smoke units are great for providing smoke synced with the sounds...so idle to revving engine even when not moving will be reflected in the smoke output. Proportional fans do provide that effect when the motors/tracks move.
TJ-metal51
Recruit

Post by TJ-metal51 »

I will be changing the board at some stage, maybe an IBU2 or an Aps, because I want the startup surge of smoke and better sound.
tao
Staff Sergeant

Post by tao »

I know there are so many options but for amazing sound you should also look into TBS- Benedini set up. It also is easy to make custom sounds with..add an acoustic smoker..Ir battle if you want. Dan is a good guy and there are lots of demos here if any interest.

http://battlearmorrc.weebly.com/
TJ-metal51
Recruit

Post by TJ-metal51 »

Thanks for the link tao, I will check it out.
Inspector slugo
Recruit

Post by Inspector slugo »

Hi t j very good update on the smoke unit going to get one at the end of June can you please tell me what 4 screws hold the plastic tray down as it's not obvious and it's my first tank and the other hold the suspension in DO NOT want to get it wrong a photo would be good
Thanks for help graham
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Inspector slugo wrote:Hi t j very good update on the smoke unit going to get one at the end of June can you please tell me what 4 screws hold the plastic tray down as it's not obvious and it's my first tank and the other hold the suspension in DO NOT want to get it wrong a photo would be good
Thanks for help graham

I dont hold out much hope for a picture mate, this member has not been in this place in almost 6 years sorry................
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Graham, do you want to remove the whole plastic unit across the length of the lower hull? Or do you mean just the plastic smoker itself?
Inspector slugo
Recruit

Post by Inspector slugo »

Hi yes I need to undo the whole plastic shelf the electronics sit on would like to replace the speaker and smoke unit any help taken I
Thanks for reply
Graham

Return to “Tips and Tricks”