Ammo Burnishing fluid

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Ammo Burnishing fluid

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Dear All

Just thought I’d put this up to show that the Ammo burnishing fluid works well on heng long Mato tracks, and doesn’t affect the rubber pads.

Have a lovely Sunday!

AMMO by MIG track burnishing fluid ‘how to’ for Heng long/Mato metal tracks bought @ Tank Museum
https://youtu.be/WOBLw27O2Y4
Attachments
53AC70B0-7028-47FA-BE49-65CA7181003B.jpeg
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Ammo Burnishing fluid

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Verrry Interesting! I keep painting metal tracks all kinds of different ways, trying to find the best. Thanks!
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

Yes, this is a good product. I have used it several times and will continue to do so.
However (!), I did have a problem once treating my Mato M36 tracks with this and (I think) left them in too long. The result, discovered later, was that the Mato tracks become extremely brittle/crumbly and broke several times before I realised what was happening. Not all was lost because it gave me an excuse to change to the duckbill tracks which I was thinking of doing anyway but just couldn't justify on a whim :D .
Anyway, I continue to use this particular burnishing fluid as it is otherwise an excellent way to get rid of all that shiny metal and provides a good key for further painting and weathering if one so wishes. :thumbup:
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Dear Both

It does seem to do the job, and it holds the weathering well.
That’s a bit scary about the Mato tracks! Maybe the metal was a poor mix? I don’t leave them for more than 40 mins, and I wash them off a lot with soap and water after to get rid of any residue around the pins and overlaps (if you know what I mean!)

And I do get worried I’m boring the pants off people!!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I have some experience with Mato tracks. Unfortunately, the problem was likely the poor quality of the metal of which the tracks were made.
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Chinesium….
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon!
MATO is all over the board with Quality Control on their top dollar tanks. When you get a good one, fun is had. The same is sadly true for the opposite side of the coin. I have had the experience with their details going crumbly and breaking easily (to the point where I replaced the hull details with Tamiya parts). Their tracks have always been good and solid though. *crosses fingers* for my tanks.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ella7
Recruit

Post by ella7 »

How long can Ammo Burnishing fluid be left on Mato M36 tracks before causing damage? I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

I used bot Ammo and A&K burnishing fluid and always kept the exposure down to only minutes and that worked FINE! :-)
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
Timbo68
Private

Post by Timbo68 »

I’ve used both and find they work well. I have found that diluting them makes the darkening process more controllable, and makes immersing large items such as tracks easier (and more economical…).

Return to “Tips and Tricks”