Blind Rivet Nuts Hexagon Shank For Panzer 4.

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
jarndice
Colonel

Blind Rivet Nuts Hexagon Shank For Panzer 4.

Post by jarndice »

One of the more frustrating things about fitting the ASIATAM Panzer 4 Track Adjusters is that the Prototype Adjuster on the real PZ4 and the Nut and washer for ASIATAMs adjuster bear no resemblance to each other,
In the past I have drilled out the plastic dummy and tapped a thread into it but it is still a dummy,
Go to E-Bay and type in "Blind Rivet Nuts Hexagon Shank Open End Flat Head M4 (4mm) Zink Plated",
They not only look right but can be properly used as part of the tensioner,
Price for a pack of Ten £2 .21 with Freepost
Mine came from a Company in Scotland and turned up three days after ordering.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Blind Rivet Nuts Hexagon Shank For Panzer 4.

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I'm not sure about the 'prototype' adjuster on the real Pz IV, Shaun, but (loath as I am to to praise the Asiatam effort in any way) I'd say that the Asiatam model offers a fairly good approximation of the real thing. Just compare these pics: my Asiatam (after sawing 9mm off the rear end.. :O ) and an ausf. 'G'.
Asiatam Panzer IV posterior
Asiatam Panzer IV posterior
With hindsight, I'd say that after the Tamiya version, the Asiatam chassis comes closest to the real thing. If it weren't for the appallingly made fittings ('fitting' being a misnomer :haha: ); the extra 9mm in overall length, and the hallucinagenically
devised instructions, this is the hull to go with in preference to the new cast version from Taigen. The Taigen has too many constraints on it to be a practical build option. Equally, the plastic version from HL/Taigen is a non-starter too but, unlike the cast version, at least it has workability to offer in its favour. :think:
Attachments
Panzer IV posterior
Panzer IV posterior
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”