Using HL Stickers As Masks

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Using HL Stickers As Masks

Post by jarndice »

Roy Hi, When I am using Stencils I use a "PENTEL" Paint Pen, which is simply a fibre Nibbed plastic semi clear bodied two piece pen which unscrews and you fill up with the Acrylic paint colour of your choice,
The pens come in 3 different sizes and because the nibs are fibre you can shave them into your preferred shape, Fully washable under a warm tap and worth every penny,
Just follow the outline of the Stencil and then fill in,
No worries about paint creep,
I favour a "Small Pentel" to get the outline before using the "Large Pentel" Paint Pen to fill.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:Roy Hi, When I am using Stencils I use a "PENTEL" Paint Pen, which is simply a fibre Nibbed plastic semi clear bodied two piece pen which unscrews and you fill up with the Acrylic paint colour of your choice,
The pens come in 3 different sizes and because the nibs are fibre you can shave them into your preferred shape, Fully washable under a warm tap and worth every penny,
Just follow the outline of the Stencil and then fill in,
No worries about paint creep,
I favour a "Small Pentel" to get the outline before using the "Large Pentel" Paint Pen to fill.
Shaun.
Another good tip (no pun intended), from your good self, Shaun. I've had Pentel pens before; but only the gel and marker types. I didn't know that they made a paint pen....but now I do. Cheers. :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
siegfried
Lance Corporal

Post by siegfried »

Good tip and I got to get me a "PENTEL" Paint Pen. Never heard of one but sounds a good solution to many decal problems.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”