My fleet of tiny tanks

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Nitewyn
Recruit

My fleet of tiny tanks

Post by Nitewyn »

As requested here are pictures of my tanks.
I just tested the combat system with my friend’s king tiger and had a blast, no pun intended.
The Sherman is waiting on some final weathering, and the T-34 needs a bit of assembly.
Attachments
4B68F299-995A-4DFC-985D-8C5D2C03AE2C.jpeg
T-34 no wheels
T-34 no wheels
modler
Sergeant

Re: My fleet of tiny tanks

Post by modler »

oh tiny tanks.
Last edited by modler on Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nitewyn
Recruit

Post by Nitewyn »

These are 1/16 scale Heng Long RC tanks running the stock battle system.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hi, Nitewyn! When you weather that Sherman, remember that the pretty white star on the side of the turret made a great target for Stug gunners, etc. Many tankers smeared mud all over those stars to obscure them. And check out https://daviddoylebooks.com/ for excellent service, free shipping, and a great selection of books on the M4 and all the other tanks you will soon be buying. :P
Nitewyn
Recruit

Post by Nitewyn »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Hi, Nitewyn! When you weather that Sherman, remember that the pretty white star on the side of the turret made a great target for Stug gunners, etc. Many tankers smeared mud all over those stars to obscure them. And check out https://daviddoylebooks.com/ for excellent service, free shipping, and a great selection of books on the M4 and all the other tanks you will soon be buying. :P
Weathering is definitely on the agenda for the sherman. My 1/16 tank commander is feeling pretty nervous with that bullseye on the side. I've been holding off on breaking out the airbrush until I decide which, if any, of the stars I'm putting on the front. I might do a little hand-painted name on the side of the tank too.

And I'm definitely checking out that link to the books---I don't think my bank account is going to survive :D
Nitewyn
Recruit

Post by Nitewyn »

I spent a little time with the airbrush last night weathering the tracks. The T-34 is happy to have wheels back under it again, and I’m really happy with how the tracks turned out.
A good application of weathering to tie everything together and I think it’ll be time for a test drive.

I’m not sure if I should put this over in the builds section. I’m not planning on doing a whole log of the build, just sharing some random pictures during the process.
Attachments
0C71FB0C-9850-4BFC-B52E-47B45BDA32A7.jpeg

Return to “Show Off”