2nd and 3rd modern tanks arrive

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

2nd and 3rd modern tanks arrive

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Heng long/Taigen Leopard 2A6
Attachments
P1080195.JPG
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Re: 2nd and 3rd modern tanks arrive

A look under the bonnet
Attachments
P1080196.JPG
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Heng Long Abrams arrived today from Toucan hobby
Attachments
P1080194.JPG
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

The wife was watching when the Abrams arrived today, she collects Charlie Bears and their saying is that
there is always room for one more bear, like I said to her, theres always room for one more tank :thumbup: :wave:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Ludwig von wigbearer wrote:The wife was watching when the Abrams arrived today, she collects Charlie Bears and their saying is that
there is always room for one more bear, like I said to her, theres always room for one more tank :thumbup: :wave:
Always room for one more tank :thumbup:
So, what do the bears do? At least your dogs are less likely to chew your tanks ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
whitecitadel
Private

Post by whitecitadel »

Ludwig von wigbearer wrote:A look under the bonnet
That's an interesting combination of parts, as its a HL TK7.0 but the chassis, gearboxes and speaker all look like taigen parts. Was this "out of the box" from Toucan, or are you building it up from parts - just curious.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

whitecitadel wrote:
That's an interesting combination of parts, as its a HL TK7.0 but the chassis, gearboxes and speaker all look like taigen parts. Was this "out of the box" from Toucan, or are you building it up from parts - just curious.
It looks like one of the Haya hybrids, Taigen/Torro metal chassis with Heng Long top and electronics.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
whitecitadel wrote:
It looks like one of the Haya hybrids, Taigen/Torro metal chassis with Heng Long top and electronics.
Hi Mick, you are indeed correct, the Leopard is a Haya special, I specified it without a rx/tx for a small
discount, I expected a unpainted base, When it arrived it was painted and with a taigen v1 mfu, so
sold that on. :thumbup: :wave:
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

whitecitadel wrote:
Hi, the abrams is straight out of the box as it came from toucan, it has steel gears, 360 turret, V7.0 . silly back to front barrel recoil, came in at £250 plus 50 quid shipping and as yet no import fees :thumbup: :wave:
whitecitadel
Private

Post by whitecitadel »

Ludwig von wigbearer wrote: Hi Mick, you are indeed correct, the Leopard is a Haya special, I specified it without a rx/tx for a small
discount, I expected a unpainted base, When it arrived it was painted and with a taigen v1 mfu, so
sold that on. :thumbup: :wave:
That's interesting that they mix the parts, the Taigen chassis (I bought one for my HL Tiger 1 from forgebear) is much more robust and better engineered than the HL.
Ludwig von wigbearer wrote:
whitecitadel wrote:
Hi, the abrams is straight out of the box as it came from toucan, it has steel gears, 360 turret, V7.0 . silly back to front barrel recoil, came in at £250 plus 50 quid shipping and as yet no import fees :thumbup: :wave:
Was that from eBay or AliExpress? Toucan has quite high postage I noticed, but I guess if there is no import then its good value still. A lot of UK places seem to be out of stock of HL... not that I am already considering a second tank! :D

Return to “Show Off”