Academy 1/35 Panzer IV f.H static model to HL RRC

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
modler
Sergeant

Academy 1/35 Panzer IV f.H static model to HL RRC

Post by modler »

This is one fine model and even though it says "STATIC MODEL" on the box, it is molded as a " motorized remote control" chassis plate, polymer bushing for sprockets and roads wheels and excellent tracks that make it easy to convert to "motorized remote control" There are several ways to ad a gearbox to this model but I take this most direct way and install a Tamiya 1/35 M60 all metal gearbox from a vintage M60, Oh this GB fits right in as the chassis GB plate is identical to Tamiya's 8) A Academy M60 gearbox will work as well. Its all about the SPROCKET HEIGHT with the Panzer IV which is higher that most Tanks.

This particular Panzer IV has the Armor side plates which are removable. This is an awesome model and is currently the STAR of my 1/35 collection :D I have not finished the model yet but I will, soon enough ;)

The Track system on this model works very good and is smooth and precise for a plastic model. Better than most.

I think this model is better than the Tamiya version :shh:

I have installed a Heng Long 1/30 I/R battle ready all (6) channel proportional 2.4G radio system that runs off a 1s 150 mah lipoly with micro 1.5 mm connectors so it is PNP.
Attachments
Almost forgot this, Yes I use Ultra micro aircraft tech in my model Tanks
Almost forgot this, Yes I use Ultra micro aircraft tech in my model Tanks
IMG_8293.JPG (67.81 KiB) Viewed 429 times
Good looking model, even my wife noticed this one.
Good looking model, even my wife noticed this one.
IMG_8287.JPG (66.6 KiB) Viewed 435 times
Side Armor removed
Side Armor removed
Heng Long radio system is small and has lot s of features like ALL CHANNEL DIGTAL PROPORTIONAL and runs on 1s lipo
Heng Long radio system is small and has lot s of features like ALL CHANNEL DIGTAL PROPORTIONAL and runs on 1s lipo
All elements of this RRC Tank. Drives like a sports car in this configuration
All elements of this RRC Tank. Drives like a sports car in this configuration
Favorite model at this time.
Favorite model at this time.
This STATIC MODEL is the best for RRC conversion.
This STATIC MODEL is the best for RRC conversion.
square4
Lance Corporal

Re: Academy 1/35 Panzer IV f.H static model to HL RRC

Post by square4 »

Looking good, its good how you crammed everything in it, I have trouble with 1/16 scale. :haha:
I never finish anyth
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

:{ I have some serious reservations about what the machine gunner/assistant driver has left sticking up there. :haha:
modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote::{ I have some serious reservations about what the machine gunner/assistant driver has left sticking up there. :haha:
LOL, yeah that is a LED power indicator that also blinks when in standby, it can be pushed down the hatch so it is not visible, it also can indicate that the battery is about to hit LVC by blinking once after applying power to the tracks. A nice feature to prevent LVC event that can damage the Li-Po battery capacity.

Return to “Smaller Scale Military.”