Nichimo 1/35 Panther V with $15 radio system Video

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
modler
Sergeant

Nichimo 1/35 Panther V with $15 radio system Video

Post by modler »

I have this Nichimo Panther and the Tamiya Panther both motorized remote control models 8) Which one is better you ask? Well, they are both well made models but the Nichimo has front sprocket drive where as the Tamiya has rear sprocket drive :'( Thats a big 8O for me.

The radio system used is from a $15 ebay M1128 Stryker model which is pretty nice although it is very fast like a race car :O

I am sure kids like that but for me I am only interested in the inexpensive radio system that has potential for 1/35 model use which I feature here. Nothing fancy with this system but it does have two speeds forward and is quite adequate for this model.

I have two of these Stryker M1128 RRC models and one has had its radio gear borrowed for the Nichimo Panther V. It works so good it may just stay in the Panther as it is fun to run and operate with this humble radio system. I did do a few electronic improvements which really make this thing scale like.

Panther V video 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmHZvboETXo
Panther V video 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJSKZ92eTt8
Attachments
Yes its a TOY remote control but todays TOYS are way better than Toys of the past.
Yes its a TOY remote control but todays TOYS are way better than Toys of the past.
Radio Donar model $15 ebay
Radio Donar model $15 ebay
IMG_8278.JPG (98.45 KiB) Viewed 485 times
Nichimo motorized remote control tank is a very nice tank model and just as good or maybe even better that the Tamiya version and can be bought for much less than the Tamiya on ebay.
Nichimo motorized remote control tank is a very nice tank model and just as good or maybe even better that the Tamiya version and can be bought for much less than the Tamiya on ebay.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Nichimo 1/35 Panther V with $15 radio system Video

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Cannibalism! :O Pure, merciless, ingenious cannibalism. @) I love it! :P
modler
Sergeant

Re: Nichimo 1/35 Panther V with $15 radio system Video

Post by modler »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Cannibalism! :O Pure, merciless, ingenious cannibalism. @) I love it! :P

Yes Herr Doctor, These compact inexpensive "PPM Radios" are very economical to use and work for decades. I am also an enthusiast of the electronic side of the Radio remote control hobby. From the very beginnings of my interest in this hobby, I also became interested in the electronics involved. In todays word, electronics available for consumer use are very compact and loaded with VLSI circuit chips that allow this miniaturization we see today.

Oh, The Nichimo Panther featured in this thread is superior the the Tamiya equivalent model IMO. I have both and the Tamiya has rear drive gearbox with a track\sprocket setup that simulate FTD (front track drive) where as the Nichimo has actual FTD like the actual Panther Tank. I suspect this is the reason the Tamiya Panther is reasonably priced on ebay compared to others available.
Attachments
The Tamiya Panther looks great with its fantatic artwork but the Nivhimo is the one to have in this case.
The Tamiya Panther looks great with its fantatic artwork but the Nivhimo is the one to have in this case.
There is enough here for 22 Tank models. This is a small sample of the radio gear I have in operation in my model collection
There is enough here for 22 Tank models. This is a small sample of the radio gear I have in operation in my model collection
Some of the better radio gear in storage
Some of the better radio gear in storage
IMG_8367.jpg (87.59 KiB) Viewed 438 times

Return to “Smaller Scale Military.”