MTM (X.X) Bluetooth control, sound, FPV camera, 3 videos

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
modler
Corporal

MTM (X.X) Bluetooth control, sound, FPV camera, 3 videos

Post by modler »

Recently got a Make Then Move (MTM) radio control (Char, Tank) kit. Available here, https://makethemmove.com/en/home/

X.X = Two models....so far 8)

M113 APC
Video #1 https://youtu.be/QBN0n36RPr8

M113 APC
Video #2 https://youtu.be/qfxyJsp0C0s

Sherman M4A3
Video #3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC6ZPnPiZVE
Attachments
FPV camera included in this kit
FPV camera included in this kit
IMG_8213.JPG (85.85 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
IMG_8212 (1).JPG
IMG_8205.JPG
IMG_8205.JPG (84.16 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
cell phone WIFI used
cell phone WIFI used
IMG_8200.JPG (76.76 KiB) Viewed 2102 times
receiver board
receiver board
IMG_8199.JPG (83.79 KiB) Viewed 2102 times
Tamiya 1/35 M113 APC is the perfect test bed for this High Tech RC kit.
Tamiya 1/35 M113 APC is the perfect test bed for this High Tech RC kit.
IMG_8198.JPG (79.82 KiB) Viewed 2102 times
very cool RC system that uses a cell phone for TX and has FPV camera
very cool RC system that uses a cell phone for TX and has FPV camera
IMG_8197.JPG (69 KiB) Viewed 2103 times
Last edited by modler on Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:04 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: 1/35 M113 APC MTM Rx, Cell phone TX, FPV camera, video

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Oh boy! I have been waiting nearly a year to see this! Thanks for posting right away.
modler
Corporal

Re: 1/35 M113 APC MTM Rx, Cell phone TX, FPV camera, video

Post by modler »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Oh boy! I have been waiting nearly a year to see this! Thanks for posting right away.
Thank you Herr Dr. for sending me this very interesting radio control gear. Here is the latest M113 video https://youtu.be/qfxyJsp0C0s

My driving skills are improving with the Cell phone TX control. All you need is a Android phone ands it does not need to be connected to internet and or a cell provider. I just used one that I had laying around. I use a Apple phone now so the old Android phone now has a purpose again :)
Attachments
Just made a set of motor connector adapters that have polarity swap sub connectors. this will allow me to easily interface to my existing collection of Tanks without modifying the motor connectors that are already installed in the Tanks.
Just made a set of motor connector adapters that have polarity swap sub connectors. this will allow me to easily interface to my existing collection of Tanks without modifying the motor connectors that are already installed in the Tanks.
Camera mounted in rear gives good FPV
Camera mounted in rear gives good FPV
IMG_8204.jpg (75.64 KiB) Viewed 2057 times
out of sight!
out of sight!
On\off switch with micro USB charge port. Both the cell phone and the MTM charge port use the same Android USB cable.
On\off switch with micro USB charge port. Both the cell phone and the MTM charge port use the same Android USB cable.
Last edited by modler on Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: 1/35 M113 APC. Bluetooth control, sound, FPV camera, vid

"Just made a set of motor connector adapters that [. . .] will allow me two easily interface to my existing collection of Tanks without modifying the motor connectors that are already installed in the Tanks." If I understand correctly, you now have the capability of installing the Make Them Move or other electronics into a number of AFVs. Did I get that correct?
modler
Corporal

Post by modler »

Yes Herr DR, All my AFV's are plug and play with any electronics in my collection. I developed a connector standard that allows any radio system from any model AFV to be swapped generally in less than 10 minutes. I wired the motor interface cables so that the MTM radio is compatible with my wiring standard. I also wired a Li-poly battery polarity adapter for the MTM radio that allows me to use my batteries in the MTM radio. Then I changed the polarity of the MTM battery to "standard polarity" and can use that in my Tanks. I like everything to be plug and play including my batteries. It is not a good idea to have batteries with different polarities laying around. So I have made a few changes to the connectors on the MTM radio to make it PLUG AND PLAY with all my gear.

I just swapped the MTM gear into a M4A3 Sherman. For this tank I prefer a "2 stick" control configuration (1 stick per motor) so I can drive the Sherman with 2 thumbs using the Cell screen, this allows very precise control of the tracks as opposed to the standard mixing in the MTM "tracked vehicles" option. I am using "other vehicles" option in the configuration screen to allow twin stick or "both thumbs" I am also exploring some other possibilities in configurations. I will post the results here.

I will post a M4A3 video ASAP using a twin stick setup as apposed to Mixing option.
Attachments
Not many if any of this M4A3 static model have been configured to RRC.
Not many if any of this M4A3 static model have been configured to RRC.
Simple but effective On\OFF switch and charge port
Simple but effective On\OFF switch and charge port
IMG_8219.JPG (71.39 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
The 1\35 Sherman has a small bay but the MTM fits in there quite nicely.
The 1\35 Sherman has a small bay but the MTM fits in there quite nicely.
ready for MTM trails.
ready for MTM trails.
Static M4A3 highly detailed model converted to twin motor with radio control. PNP setup allows MTM drop in in < 10 minutes.
Static M4A3 highly detailed model converted to twin motor with radio control. PNP setup allows MTM drop in in < 10 minutes.
Last edited by modler on Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
modler
Corporal

Post by modler »

Testing of the M4A3 Sherman with the MTM radio system using (dual stick control) is a success. This configuration of the MTM receiver allows precise control of the tracks. The standard Mixing protocol works OK but I am used to precise control of the tracks and prefer an option for "one stick for each track F\R" and that is what you see here in this video. I am still getting used to the Touch screen control used in the MTM system as there are no physical joy sticks but rather a "touch pad outline"

M4A3 video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC6ZPnPiZVE
Attachments
Touch pad outline for L|R motors
Touch pad outline for L|R motors
IMG_8230.JPG (71.45 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
IMG_8216.JPG
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: MTM (X.X) Bluetooth control, sound, FPV camera, 3 videos

I hear a squeak in the video of the M4A3--probably pretty realistic for a Sherman. :haha:
modler
Corporal

Re: MTM (X.X) Bluetooth control, sound, FPV camera, 3 videos

Post by modler »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:I hear a squeak in the video of the M4A3--probably pretty realistic for a Sherman. :haha:

Yes, you can download various generic and or specific Tank wave file sounds from the MTM site. The sounds you hear in the video are from a Panther V., French (xx), T34. sounds from 3 different Tanks, You can tune it your way 8)

5 programmed wave files. Engine start, Panther idle, Panther FWD, Panther REV, engine stop.

There are additional sound wave files as well Like Machine gun, Main gun for Tanks and there are more for wheeled vehicles as well for a total of 7 sounds per application with FPV camera as well as mixed or dual stick control of the tracks.

The programming and operation of the MTM sound system is very advanced and is about the best available IMO.

Sherman M4A3 with MTM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC6ZPnPiZVE
Attachments
Here are some of the wave files you are hearing in the Sherman MTM video
Here are some of the wave files you are hearing in the Sherman MTM video
IMG_8300.JPG (75.43 KiB) Viewed 1929 times
Cush
Private

Post by Cush »

modler wrote:Testing of the M4A3 Sherman with the MTM radio system using (dual stick control) is a success. This configuration of the MTM receiver allows precise control of the tracks. The standard Mixing protocol works OK but I am used to precise control of the tracks and prefer an option for "one stick for each track F\R" and that is what you see here in this video. I am still getting used to the Touch screen control used in the MTM system as there are no physical joy sticks but rather a "touch pad outline"

M4A3 video
You get it right away! I even didn't think about it... some told me that it would be even better with the possibility of controling each track independantly and I confess I did not think of this possibility... using the "other vehicle" option is of course the solution! Columbus egg!
Congratulation and thanks for your contribution!
Christophe
modler
Corporal

Post by modler »

Cush wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:27 pm
modler wrote:Testing of the M4A3 Sherman with the MTM radio system using (dual stick control) is a success. This configuration of the MTM receiver allows precise control of the tracks. The standard Mixing protocol works OK but I am used to precise control of the tracks and prefer an option for "one stick for each track F\R" and that is what you see here in this video. I am still getting used to the Touch screen control used in the MTM system as there are no physical joy sticks but rather a "touch pad outline"

M4A3 video
You get it right away! I even didn't think about it... some told me that it would be even better with the possibility of controling each track independantly and I confess I did not think of this possibility... using the "other vehicle" option is of course the solution! Columbus egg!
Congratulation and thanks for your contribution!
Christophe

Christophe, here is a video of my latest MTM gearbox installation into a M4A1 Stuart

https://youtu.be/ywr_5V8yKJE
Attachments
this one looks good.
this one looks good.
IMG_0303.jpg (734.72 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
1:1 model of the Stuart in a location near my home.
1:1 model of the Stuart in a location near my home.
IMG_5802.JPG (2.94 MiB) Viewed 1402 times
Smallest Tank yet with MTM gearbox that I have done so far
Smallest Tank yet with MTM gearbox that I have done so far
IMG_0356.jpg (2.18 MiB) Viewed 1402 times

Return to “Smaller Scale Military.”