Tamiya 1/35 Static Display Model Panzer III f,L > RC + Video

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
modler
Sergeant

Tamiya 1/35 Static Display Model Panzer III f,L > RC + Video

Post by modler »

Here is a video of this SDM Panzer III running on my workshop track.
https://youtu.be/eYl7ut1os40

SDM = Static Display Model. No motorized version(s) available so no gearbox mount molded into lower Hull. Sprockets and road wheels are meant to be glued in place in a "static position" and will require modification to be used with motor(s)\gearbox. Tank Tracks in this Kit are a soft Rubber compound and get a lot of traction putting large torque loads on the drive system and requires Transmitter "stick tuning" for best results.

SSDM = Semi Static Display Model. Motorized version(s) are available for this type model but gearbox is not included. drive Sprockets, road Wheels have special internal mount Poly bearing and "Sprocket mount filler plugs" are all included. The Tank Tracks are a special type (soft Poly). These components make the RC conversion a snap compared to the SDM kits.

The Panzer III of this thread is a SDM and requires extra work to configure as a RC model.

I built this model a few months back and was quite a challenge and was a bit tricky to drive around on my workshop track as the tank would throw tracks if you made a fast turn going up a hill and such. I now use a Computer TX and mix programming to solve those issues.

This being my first TAMIYA HIGHLY ACCURATE STATIC DISPLAY MODEL (SDM),
I notice the tracks supplied with this SDM get a lot of traction as they are a soft rubber compound and are different than the "soft Poly track" I see in Tamiya motorized kits.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=32034
I am not the owner of the thread above but have info posted there and there is info about another Panzer III build in the above Link.

All further posts on this build will be here. I update and proof my posts so they are never done with the edits. I do this as I use these threads to keep track of all the work I do on these wonderful little machines for future reference so I try to make sure the info is accurate as possible.
Attachments
IMG_8134.JPG
IMG_8132.JPG

Return to “Smaller Scale Military.”