Works in progress...

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Works in progress...

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Sometimes I wish I had just one superb Armortek Pz IV, or... better still, one of these fantastic Comets :O :D
phpBB [video]

Why? Well, choosing which tank to start up, and explore the outdoors with, is getting really difficult. I'd like to see them all (A). Finished and (B) clanking around my garden at the same time. Alas, (B) cannot happen- as my crofting neighbours are partial to unwinding with a dram of malt, but not with scale model tanks. :| (A- completion) remains an ever remoter prospect.
In the end, none of the tanks get the attention deserved. :/ Last year, though, I actually completed a few projects that were looking to be perma-projects, at one time.

Anyway, I shall just have to put up with this lot. :lolno: These are at the back of the production line:

Tamiya Tiger 1 and HL Leopard 2
Asiatam Pz IV (basis for StuG IV- not seen in these photos, as it's lurking behind. That's just as well, as the warped resin upper hull for the StuG, from Asiatam, is a constant eyesore.) Taigen Late Tiger 1 with BB barrel recoil, and a Tamiya KT I want to repaint, now that I have a superb airbrush.
Tamiya Panther. I may well sell this. Alternatively, it has both DMD units, and I may sell them separately and then try to put an Elmod unit in there. Then I'd paint it properly.

These are the combatants. All are runners, but some still benefit from add-ons, and tweaks to their appearances. The knotty problem is which, and how many? :/ Yep, and there's the dwingling supply of cash in the kist. With prospective mind-boggling energy bills looming, and inflation, some things will have to go. That's why the ONE Armortek Comet appeals so strongly sometimes. Then again- there's that almost irrepressible urge to add a Tamiya Centurion to this burgeoning array of distractions 8O :D
Here, the combatants are being inspected by a gigantic white creature with pointy ears.

Anyway, I suppose I should be grateful for having decent distractions. Have a relaxing Sunday, lads!. Time for a Glenmorangie, I think.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Works in progress...

Post by Jimster »

Impressive herd of beasts, no offense to the pup. I’ll have a virtual jigger or two with you!
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

Drinking whisky and driving tanks! what could possibly go wrong! :)

It is an impressive collection. I do know what you mean about focusing on one project, on the other hand there is learning to be happy with what you have, its is difficult choice! Lets not talk about the future, I'm sure 2022 is going to be fantastic... despite all evidence to the contrary! :P
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Oh my, those pics are making my eye twitch. I get nervous when the wife is near them, let alone a pet. You're a braver man than I, sir.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

That little pup will do no harm...likely more interested in food (dogs are foodocenteric) and lap-sitting. Now, what's your new "superb airbrush"? I have a Paasche Talon, a well-acclaimed airbrush, and it's so finicky that I keep going back to an ancient Badger single-action. The "double action" Paasche messes up every time until I fiddle and fiddle and fiddle to get the combination of consistency and pressure just right. :-< It even wants a different combination for different colors of the same brand. :-< :-<
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:Impressive herd of beasts, no offense to the pup. I’ll have a virtual jigger or two with you!
That Jigger is 44ml, I understand :) That's way more generous than UK standard shots, and more 'clan- sized! 8O ' Break oot the jiggers, Jim!

Not to dash the Hollywood image of Highlanders, and Islanders, some may hold, here's a couple of crofters in a convivial 'Here's Tae us!' moment. Slainte!. :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

stu_the_flat wrote:Drinking whisky and driving tanks! what could possibly go wrong! :)

It is an impressive collection. I do know what you mean about focusing on one project, on the other hand there is learning to be happy with what you have, its is difficult choice! Lets not talk about the future, I'm sure 2022 is going to be fantastic... despite all evidence to the contrary! :P
To be honest, Stu, I've not had a dram since Hogmanay; but I am just setting that to rights :D I like your optimism. :thumbup: Yes, I'm hoping we'll break the Covid chains this year. Luckily for me, there's not been much evidence of it in Wester Ross- and the air's sweet enough to drink. :wave:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Cheers!! And the sound of two glasses clinking together.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Maccrage wrote:Oh my, those pics are making my eye twitch. I get nervous when the wife is near them, let alone a pet. You're a braver man than I, sir.
I jettisoned the wife some years ago, Mac; but we're still good friends... (on WhatsApp ;) ) Come to think of it, it was mutual ejection seats we triggered. :)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:That little pup will do no harm...likely more interested in food (dogs are foodocenteric) and lap-sitting. Now, what's your new "superb airbrush"? I have a Paasche Talon, a well-acclaimed airbrush, and it's so finicky that I keep going back to an ancient Badger single-action. The "double action" Paasche messes up every time until I fiddle and fiddle and fiddle to get the combination of consistency and pressure just right. :-< It even wants a different combination for different colors of the same brand. :-< :-<

Well, Ed, it's not quite if the Paasche league, but my Harder and Steenbeck Ultra can handle fine lines (I used to have a few of those, but they're now trenches) and a range of coverage up to swathes of colour.
The problem is finding the ideal conditions to use it in, as I don't have a garage or workshop for airbrushing, painting outdoors is the sole option. :problem:
Thus, I'm entirely dependent on the far Northern weather gods. My offensive (with paint) will resume in the Spring. :wave:

Return to “Show Off”