New tank?

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Rob1970
Corporal

New tank?

Post by Rob1970 »

Well, "in potentia" as the Romans used to say... ;D

Among the Gigs of paper models on my harddrive this one was missing. But Ebay helped for the mere sum of €8 euros, shipping not included. The Airfix kit was more expensive, and is in the very convenient scale of 1/32. Even I can manage to multiply by two... The sheets of ABS came in too today. So this will be a side project... in case I get bored...

TTFN,
Rob
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: New tank?

Post by Kaczor »

Please note that this paper model is almost 30 years old and somewhat outdated (but overal shape is probably OK). More modern paper models are from Modelik and WAK companies.
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

Couldn't find the newer ones, at least not one that would ship to the Netherlands :(

Edit; aaaaand found it, the one from Modelik. And not too expensive either. Never hurts to have MOAR DATA!! ;D
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

I bought one of these kit last year, thinking it could be fun, or maybe helpful for a plastic conversion build. Accurately cutting the thin paper parts with scissors is discouraging. I would recommend paying more for those paper models that have laser pre-cut parts. The instructions were also quite weak, condensed to the extreme and difficult to follow. Building these needs a different set of skills that have to be acquired. I thought of using the main parts as stencils for converting the hull and turret to plastic but i had difficulty extrapolating to 1/16 and adapting them to the thickness of plastic joints. In the end, not much of the original stencil was left, and what was left was more confusing than helpful because it did not match the dimension of the parts extrapolated from a 1/35 kit for the same tank. It did not work out for me. These kits are not for everyone.
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

Well, the Grant is working out sofar, so I am cautiously hopeful. Real challenge is going to scratchbuild a working suspensions and whatnot.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

How many (what must be) simultaneous builds have you undertaken now, Rob, thus far :crazy: :D ? Image I thought I had a touch of what I call the 'plate-spinning' syndrome (too many projects); but you're seemingly heading for the Guinness Book of (tank) Records :thumbup: :haha:, or, some 'mother's little helpers' :shh:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:How many (what must be) simultaneous builds have you undertaken now, Rob, thus far :crazy: :D ?
My personal record (back in the days I mainly did static models, mainly aircraft in 1/48 and AFV in 1/72) was 47... All started, on the go and finished within a year...

Return to “Show Off”