This is kinda embarrasing... AND AWESOME!!! (#19...)

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Rob1970
Corporal

This is kinda embarrasing... AND AWESOME!!! (#19...)

Post by Rob1970 »

Has any of you good folks ever -forgotten- they bought a tank? #AskingForAFriend :{

Okay, so about two months ago I was browsing Banggood, for all kinds of stuff, and yes, tanks. I came across this listing for a Heng Long Panzer III. "Version TK.6.0, Basic version with metal barrel", so the generic version with the plastic tracks, sprockets, idlers and whatnot. The listing said around €195 euros, shipped from China. I was "kinda" in the market for a Panzer III for doing something like a Hummel or the like. What caught my eye was the "CZ" *(for Czechoslovakia) shipping option. With the new tariff and import laws from outside the EU it is nice to have an European option for shipping, so I clicked that option.

...and the price changed to €65...

"Aha," I thought to myself. "...that old trick. I will probably be paying through the nose for the shipping..."

"Free shipping"...

I think I clicked on "Buy Now" so fast I could have broken my mouse. Went to the check-out, and the price stayed the same. And still free shipping. So I clicked the Paypal link and paid. Never hurts to have Paypal at your side... Payment went through as expected, without any hick-ups.

And then it started. For the first two weeks, no shipping movement whatsoever. Then I got a message from Banggood. "No stock, would I like to A) Cancel my order and get a refund, or B) Wait for new stock."

So I went for option B. And waited for movement. Two weeks later another message; "New stock could take a long time, would I like to A) Cancel my order and get a refund, or B) Wait for new stock."

Again I chose B. And waited some more, every once in a while checking to see if there was any shipping update. And I kinda forgot about it. :{ I did set a reminder in my Paypal app to request a refund within 120 days just to make sure...

This morning my DHL-app pinged at me; "We will be at your door between 1400 and 1800 hours with a package from Flytwin Import Export". Nothing came to mind. I checked the tracking number with the stuff I was expecting, but nothing. Checked Banggood...

And there it was. Shipped 3 days ago. From Czechoslovakia. Could it really be..?

And it was... daaaaaamn....

It's all there... No sprue for the fiddly bits, but they are all there in a zip-lock bag. No screwdriver. No Allen key. No smoker liquid... and I seem to be missing a part of the armour plating at the front?

...but not V6.0 either. It's V7.0. And it all works! And for €65 I ain't complaining. ;D

Did they mess up the listing and figured out too late? DKDC... Oh and yes... #19...
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: This is kinda embarrasing... AND AWESOME!!! (#19...)

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Hmm... Your budget Pz 111 (yes, that was cheap, and great news for amnesiacs :haha: :thumbup: )- how, pray tell, Rob, does it sound as a futuristic turbo-diesel, or a gas turbine runner? ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rob1970
Corporal

Re: This is kinda embarrasing... AND AWESOME!!! (#19...)

Post by Rob1970 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Hmm... Your budget Pz 111 (yes, that was cheap, and great news for amnesiacs :haha: :thumbup: )- how, pray tell, Rob, does it sound as a futuristic diesel, or gas turbine runner? ;)
For now I will let it be the little Panzer that could, and sound like a modern diesel. But when I'm done, it'll sound a lot better. I already have plans... I put some Winterketten on my StuGIII, so I have metal tracks left over from that. Bought a box of assorted second-hand bits with those Winterketten, and it had metal Panzer III sprockets and idlers among the detritus...

So after some selective surgery the TK7.0 can go into my cheap Abrams, and I have a couple of TK6.0s receivers waiting in the wings...
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....

Return to “Show Off”