HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEE!!!

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Rob1970
Corporal

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEE!!!

Post by Rob1970 »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEE!!! (Or How I Explain I Have An AWESOME Wife) ;D

Today is my birthday (lest said about that the better... it's all downhill from here...) and I woke up to coffee, pie and THIS!!!

Introducing #17... SWMBO saw me watching a video on The Chieftain's Youtube channel about the Panzer I, and she was amazed people actually used that one in WW2. She asked me if there was a model for it, in 1/16 scale (or as she calls it "redonkulous scale" since I used to think 1/48 was big...) and I said yes.

She has then proceeded to check the wish-lists on my favourite online model shops (another good reason to keep those lists...), found it at the top of one of them and ordered it for me in time to arrive today.

Oh, and because she's AWESOME she also ordered the number 2 on that list...

German Tanker for scale... (Not me, by the way. I like to think I aged slightly better... :P )

HOW AWESOME IS THAT!?! A model of a 1/1 scale 88mm round! And she already made a space for it next to the TV in the living room...

I'm so lucky...
Last edited by Rob1970 on Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
jee
Staff Sergeant

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEE!!!

Post by jee »

congratulations Rob, have a nice day.

Be careful, my wife and her sister are now already asking if we can do a battle with the tanks I have :/
it will be the next stage for your wife :D
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

jee wrote:congratulations Rob, have a nice day.

Be careful, my wife and her sister are now already asking if we can do a battle with the tanks I have :/
it will be the next stage for your wife :D
Well, she hasn't asked me about battles yet, but she did borrow my Sherman last summer and did a patrol of the garden, shooting BBs at our neighbour's free-range mini-raptors when they were ransacking her strawberry plants...

Also; how awesome is my wife? Well, let me tell you...

Me; "Oh honey, this is so cool, thank you. That's gonna look ace, and maybe in the future I will get that Russian round they have in this series as well..."

SWMBO; "Want it for you birthday?"

Me; "You mean my next one?"

Phone pings, and a message pops up; "Thank you for your order! Your "Pig Model 1-003 - 76.2mm UBR-354P HVAP-T (Real Scale Ammunition Shell Kit) 1/1" will be delivered tomorrow."

SWMBO; "Happy birthday, sweetie..."

Love her so much...
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Rob take the word of a very old married man, SHE IS SOFTENING YOU UP FOR SOMETHING :haha: :haha:
By the way happy birthday :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

You happy man!. Do enjoy your day but (to revert to dated stereotypes :shh: :D ), women are much smarter than men. Just see what she has lined up for herself on her birthday. Maybe a Faberge egg... :haha:
You certainly take your tanking in earnest :O ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Show Off”