1/6 scale R/C tanks

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
ddskipper
Recruit

1/6 scale R/C tanks

Post by ddskipper »

Just a couple pics of my Tiger 1 that i finished a few years back. Almost done with Tiger 2 and then on to the Panzer 4 in the background. Tank shop workers need to get busy, so many projects and so little time! :haha:
tiger grass.JPG
tiger grass.JPG (77.87 KiB) Viewed 1110 times
Attachments
tank barn 2.JPG
tank barn 2.JPG (49.75 KiB) Viewed 1110 times
Jarlath
Corporal

Re: 1/6 scale R/C tanks

Post by Jarlath »

Field of Armour tanks?
ddskipper
Recruit

Post by ddskipper »

Yes they are. They are easily improved and open to so much detail is why i like them. And compared to an Armortek prices i can build 2 of FOA tanks although i would some day love to pick one of theirs up to build.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hmm... A 1/6 Field of Armor Sherman with a plow on the front. I stand in the garage and plow the driveway in winter via radio control. Hmm... :haha: In fact, is that such a bonkers idea? How much power do those beasties produce?
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Hmm... A 1/6 Field of Armor Sherman with a plow on the front. I stand in the garage and plow the driveway in winter via radio control. Hmm... :haha: In fact, is that such a bonkers idea? How much power do those beasties produce?
From FoA.
The 450W motors, 3,000 rpm @ 24 VDC, 78% efficiency, coupled with 7.18 reduction gears and 13/9 ratio chain gears provide sufficient torque for driving and turning in rough terrain.
These motors I believe are XYD-16 24V 450w DC Brushed Motors.

So twin 450W motors equate to roughly 0.603HP. That is about 1.43 N.m (12.67 lb-in) torque @ 3000RPM. Add in the 10.37 :1 overall ratio and sprocket torque would be roughly 14.8 N.m (131.4 lb-in) per side. All depends on the sprocket pitch diameter.

An example would be for a Sherman tank with a Sprocket Pitch Diameter of 635.96mm (25.038 in). Scaled down to 1/6 ... 106.0mm (4.2 in). Each motor would give a tractive effort of about 14.8 N.m /0.106m = 139.6 N (131.4 lb-in/4.2in = 31.3 lb)
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

These are the motors below. I use the same ones in my KV-2 that was built in 1/6th scale for R/C paintball combat. The motors are quite powerful. My KV-2 weights like 120lbs and they will propel the tank above walking speed. The tracks are steel and weigh like 25lbs each. The gear ratios below are for the motors only using a 1:1 output ratio which is what I am using via 40 pitch chain drive so the final output shaft speed is 420RPM on my setup.

http://tncscooters.com/index.php?route= ... duct_id=57

MY1018Z 24 Volt, 450 Watt continuous duty, permanent-magnet gear motor.

24 Volts.
450 Watts.
9 tooth sprocket for 1/2 inch x 1/8 inch bicycle chain.
12 gauge power leads.
3000 RPM motor speed.
Gear Ratio: 79:11 (7.182)
420 RPM output shaft speed.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Superb Tiger I and growing collection !
You seem to be playing a bit rough with your tanks as i can see the damaged mud flaps and side skirts on the first picture in the field. There must be a not so funny story to tell about what happened.

Everything looks so perfect but I think you have mounted a longer Tiger II gun section on your Tiger I mantlet, any particular reason ?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Awesome beast. Be sure to post a video of it in action when you get a chance.
ddskipper
Recruit

Post by ddskipper »

lmcq11 wrote:Superb Tiger I and growing collection !
You seem to be playing a bit rough with your tanks as i can see the damaged mud flaps and side skirts on the first picture in the field. There must be a not so funny story to tell about what happened.

Everything looks so perfect but I think you have mounted a longer Tiger II gun section on your Tiger I mantlet, any particular reason ?

Actually just the gun that came with the kit, i believe it is supposed to be a KwK36 and i compared it to my Tiger 2 gun that came with that kit and the barrel and length are definitely a bit bigger.
ddskipper
Recruit

Post by ddskipper »

tankme wrote:These are the motors below. I use the same ones in my KV-2 that was built in 1/6th scale for R/C paintball combat. The motors are quite powerful. My KV-2 weights like 120lbs and they will propel the tank above walking speed. The tracks are steel and weigh like 25lbs each. The gear ratios below are for the motors only using a 1:1 output ratio which is what I am using via 40 pitch chain drive so the final output shaft speed is 420RPM on my setup.

http://tncscooters.com/index.php?route= ... duct_id=57

MY1018Z 24 Volt, 450 Watt continuous duty, permanent-magnet gear motor.

24 Volts.
450 Watts.
9 tooth sprocket for 1/2 inch x 1/8 inch bicycle chain.
12 gauge power leads.
3000 RPM motor speed.
Gear Ratio: 79:11 (7.182)
420 RPM output shaft speed.

Not sure if this will help but i run the same motors on 12 volts instead. Running time is longer but the thing i like best is the actual speed looks much more realistic for a R/C tank, also my tank will climb just about any slope with the slower speed control, and LOTS of power. LOL

Return to “Show Off”