1/6 scale R/C tanks

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: 1/6 scale R/C tanks

Post by tankme »

They will run at slower speed on 12V, but also with less torque than at 24V. Running at 24V makes the motors run less amps than at 12V. For instance if the motor runs 12v at 15 amps it would run at 24V at like 10-12 amps. Less amp will equal less heat. Less heat means better brush life. But yes they do have tons of power. I have blown 30 amp fuses stalling the motors while pushing my tank against a tree stump. I once rode on my 1/6th Sturmtiger and it pulled the tank's 120lbs with my 200lbs on top of it. I haven't done that since because I bent some of the 1/2" shoulder bolts I was using as road wheel shafts sitting on it.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
ddskipper
Recruit

Re: 1/6 scale R/C tanks

Post by ddskipper »

LOL, understand how riding on the tank would be fun! My KT weighs in right at 280 lbs allready so not going to try and ride it! :) but yes i believe you in your calculations on the amps being better on 24v. I run two 18amp hour batteries and have two fans running under the radiator grilles so as to keep air moving as well as attached heat guages and so far everything is doing great. The really BIG reason i run mine on the 12v is for the desired realism of the speed and maneuvering like that of the real King Tiger, lol, they weren't noted for their speed as we all know. Keep on tanking and thanks again for the info.

Return to “Show Off”