Target for my Firefly (my Pz.Kpfw.IV arrived!!)

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Rob1970
Corporal

Target for my Firefly (my Pz.Kpfw.IV arrived!!)

Post by Rob1970 »

It's here!!! Very chuffed, did the TMTR, and everything works. It's a V7.0 with all the metal gears. I'm not extremely happy with the sound choices (Leopard or something oddly turbo-ish?) but the Leopard sound will do for now.

This one will run mostly as is, until the Shermans are finished. After that? Who knows. I did noticed the thing has no rear lights. Might fix that when the time comes. Already have a set of metal headlights that will be going on.

TTFN,
Rob
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Target for my Firefly (my Pz.Kpfw.IV arrived!!)

Post by Estnische »

I think someone around here knows a bit about PZ IVs. He might give you a jobs list, oh and something about the rear deck...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Yes, there are posts upon posts on "deficiencies" in the HengLong and Taigen Pzkw. IVs. Nonetheless, it's still one of my favorites. If you don't eventually go for a very fine aftermarket board and transmitter, you could get the Torro/Taigen V3 with sound much more specific to the Pzkw. IV. These are available from lots of places in Germany, the UK, and the US, most listed in the section on "Recommended Vendors."

And, yes, it is a good match for the Firefly, even for the less capable Sherman.
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

Well, the Pz.Kpfw.IV is going to be a "runner" and nothing else until I get finished working on the Sherman/Firefly combo and maybe even after I spruce up the KV-1.

That being said... my hands are kinda itching to start on it. Besides the "obvious" faults (well, obvious to others ;D ) there's few things that are sorta starting to... annoy me?
  • First of all.... THE SOUND!! It's horrid!! I thought I could live with the IV sounding like it ate -all- the Pervitin and was hyped up... but I kinda can't. So I am seriously considering taking out the V7.0 set and replacing it with a V6.0S or V6.1S... In fact I am already trying to get the seller on AliExpress to compensate me a bit.
  • Next; the molded-on tools on the deck. Don't like them. They will have to go. Which means new tread plate (Aber makes nice stuff) and new tools. Not too big a deal? We'll see.
  • Lights; Yeah, those headlights need replacing, and I might actually wire up the rear light(s). One of them is a convoy light? Will need to do some research on how that looks and lights up.
  • Paint job. Sorry, but Panzer Grau just doesn't do it for me...
Sooo... anybody want to upgrade their V6.0S or V6.1S setup to V7.0? Wanna do swapsies? ;D

TTFN,
Rob
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Rob congratulations on your purchase of a PZ4,
PLEASE do not assume that the little plastic doo dad that looks like a rear light unit is so,
It is a figment of some Chinese toymakers imagination.
NO PZ4 EVER EVER EVER had a rear light unit on the right hand side, :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: The Multi-Lens Notek was the only rear light on a PZ4 and that was immediately above the left rear fender and halfway down the left rear fender is the often forgotten rear reflector, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Enjoy your PZ4 complete with it's built in foibles,
I shall be watching your progress and I will try to butt out although no promises :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

jarndice wrote:Hi Rob congratulations on your purchase of a PZ4,
PLEASE do not assume that the little plastic doo dad that looks like a rear light unit is so,
NO PZ4 EVER EVER EVER had a rear light unit on the right hand side, :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: The Multi-Lens Notek was the only rear light on a PZ4 and that was immediately above the left rear fender and halfway down the left rear fender is the often forgotten rear reflector, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I shall be watching your progress and I will try to butt out although no promises :lolno:
Oh, please. Butt in all you want. I know how to ignore people just fine... ;D
The information about the rear lights already saves me some work. And as for the rest; We will see what happens. Already have a lot on my plate getting the Firefly in shape. That build is slowly turning into a monster. But a fun monster...

Decided I am going to try to swap my V7.0 set for a V6.0S or V6.1S set. But can't post in the swapsies thread yet, so that will have to wait. For those impatient people among you; who want to upgrade? I have a new Pz.Kpfw.IV with a V7.0 transmitter/receiver set, and I want to downgrade to a V6.0S or V6.1S. Because I do not like the sound options of the V7.0... preferably someone in Mainland Europe so the shipping doesn't kill us...
???????(Yuss, I am a cheeky git...)

TTFN,
Rob

Edit; I just Googled what a Notek light is... and that looks like something I could actually wire up... in scale. I have a load of tiny SMDs somewhere...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Check me on this Rob: I don't think the HengLong "V6.0S or V6.1S set" have any advantage of sound over the HengLong 7.0. My 6.0s Shermans offer the choice of four sounds, none of which approximate a Pzkw. IV (or even a Sherman :haha: ). Again, check me on this. Maybe somebody will jump in and correct me if I am wrong, but I see nothing to gain far as sound is concerned by switching from the 7.0 version of HengLong to an earlier version.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The 6.0 and 6.1s have 4 sound sets

Tiger 1
Leo 2
T 90
Abrams

In that order

The 7.0 only has the Leo 2 and Abrams that I can tell.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HengRong
Recruit

Post by HengRong »

Hi Rob congratulations on your purchase of a PZ4,

Hi Jarndice,

This comment is not correct. Ausf. F1's most certainly had a small tail light above the rear right hand side fender as seen on the Heng Long IV. Here are a couple of pics...

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZFA4CV3L4eA/ ... %2529a.jpg

Cheers,
Brendon.
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

HengRong wrote:Hi Jarndice,

This comment is not correct...
Oh goody...

;D

Return to “Show Off”