Jnewboy Customs ~ KV-1

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Jnewboy Customs ~ KV-1

Post by Jnewboy »

This is Henglongs KV-1, up-armor removed and early more primitive attempts to up-armor installed.

Gun mantlet was totally redone to the early cast version, weathered with Jnewboy Custom's Magic Grime and finished with dust/steel pigment.

Complete build in "Henglong Builds" thread including tutorial Video!

ImageUntitled by Jnewboy Customs, on Flickr

Stay Thirsty My Friends!! 8)
Barmonkey
Recruit

Re: Jnewboy Customs ~ KV-1

Post by Barmonkey »

Excellent work Jnewboy!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening!
Jon, looks like you could walk up, climb in and drive it away. The tracks alone are masterpieces. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I watched your build, Jon. I like the results--unique and subtle, real mastery.
Edit July 16: I just bought some of your Magic Grime via eBay.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Thanks Guys!!! I really apreciate your words of encouragement and support!!

I have a lot of Soviet Armor in the pipe, JS2, JS3, SU152, KV2, T34(42,43 & 85), SU100. Dont have an SU85... I wish someone would make some early war stuff like a BT series or a BA armored car. The best would be a T35 with its many turrets! 8) 8)
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Jnewboy wrote:Thanks Guys!!! I really apreciate your words of encouragement and support!!

I have a lot of Soviet Armor in the pipe, JS2, JS3, SU152, KV2, T34(42,43 & 85), SU100. Dont have an SU85... I wish someone would make some early war stuff like a BT series or a BA armored car. The best would be a T35 with its many turrets! 8) 8)
I'm into Russian armor also with many of those in progress. I'll probably end up scratch building an SU-85 since there is nothing that looks hard to build on it and I have so many T-34 parts laying around now.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Terrific end result Jon, the grime and dust add so much depth to the single-colour palette.
Jnewboy wrote:Dont have an SU85... I wish someone would make some early war stuff like a BT series or a BA armored car. The best would be a T35 with its many turrets! 8) 8)
I just sold an SU-85, you're about two months too late! As for the T-35, you might be in luck (if you know someone with a 3D printer).
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Raminator wrote:Terrific end result Jon, the grime and dust add so much depth to the single-colour palette.
Jnewboy wrote:Dont have an SU85... I wish someone would make some early war stuff like a BT series or a BA armored car. The best would be a T35 with its many turrets! 8) 8)
I just sold an SU-85, you're about two months too late! As for the T-35, you might be in luck (if you know someone with a 3D printer).

Yeeeees, he did sell it @) @)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Show Off”