My Take on the Torro Wooden Box

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
awoychosky123
Recruit

My Take on the Torro Wooden Box

Post by awoychosky123 »

I really liked the wooden box that Torro tanks come with and was disappointed my Taigen did not come with one. So being a carpenter I decided to make one for my PanzerKampfwagen III Ausf. L I also plan to make one for my upcoming StuG III Ausf. C/D build. I did my best to copy the design of the Torro crate with the materials I could find at the hardware store. The crate is made from 3" and 4" strapping, and held together with blued lath nails. I wanted this to look a bit rougher than the Torro boxes to give the appearance that this is a wartime crate thrown together. Eventually, the edges will wear down to give it a used look. This crate is also larger than Torro's but it fits the cardboard box my Taigen came in perfectly.

Disclaimer; After looking at replica German WWII crates I decided to paint the Reichsadler on the top of the crate, for historical purposes. I in no way support or promote Nazism or the Nazi party. Now for the photos.
Spoiler: show
Misspelled Taigen tanks on this stencil by accident. :| But I think it looks more German spelling it in this manner with this font.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: My Take on the Torro Wooden Box

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I was distracted by the evidence of firearms ownership in the background!!
Nice work on the crates!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
awoychosky123
Recruit

Post by awoychosky123 »

Haha, I'm guilty there, have quite the collection, some old, some new. Have a nice Kar 98K, quite a few western revolvers, plus some other goodies lol.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I totally agree with Herman on both counts. Are those Pro Mags by any chance?
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Look more like P-Mags from Magpul. My new Gallant (Galil) just showed up in a plastic case exactly like that one.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Barmonkey
Recruit

Post by Barmonkey »

Definitely P-Mags.

Nice work on the crate OP!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

So much better than the metal ones! Love the workmanship on the tank crate by the way.
awoychosky123
Recruit

Post by awoychosky123 »

Mags are Gen 3 MagPul P-Mags Ar-15 30 rounders without windows with ranger plates.
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

This is so cool! Great work! :)
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Over two years ago, I grabbed some wood on sale thinking I might try to make a crate. But I am pretty low on carpentry tools and even lower on skills. How would you feel about putting out plans for the crate?

Return to “Show Off”