My Take on the Torro Wooden Box

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
awoychosky123
Recruit

Re: My Take on the Torro Wooden Box

Post by awoychosky123 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Over two years ago, I grabbed some wood on sale thinking I might try to make a crate. But I am pretty low on carpentry tools and even lower on skills. How would you feel about putting out plans for the crate?
I’ll work on some tonight, shouldnt take long.
awoychosky123
Recruit

Post by awoychosky123 »

Here are the full instructions and images to build a box. I didn't cover finishing or stencil work, I figured I would leave it up to you. With the images, it is too large to attach so here is the link.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thank you: :O that was not just kind of you, but fast, too! :wave: With my "slow at best--no all the rest" internet connection here in the sticks of Wisconsin, I may not be able to get the plans tonight :-< , but I will be up with the rooster tomorrow morning :yawn: to try again.
awoychosky123
Recruit

Post by awoychosky123 »

Would have been up faster, but I had to model the whole box so I could get good pictures for assembly. If you run into any problems during the build don't hesitate to ask!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Many thanks for all the trouble you took to make the crate and then provide the materials list and directions. I downloaded the instructions during the night. They are great, so I now have to con fellows with woodworking tools and skills into taking on the project. I hope many more here on RCTW check out the idea.
awoychosky123
Recruit

Post by awoychosky123 »

It was no problem at all, was better to get it done while the build was fresh in my head. It shouldn't be too hard to follow, just a lot of cutting and nailing. I also hope this can be useful to others, I tried to replicate the box as best as I could without having a real one available to take measurements off.

Return to “Show Off”