OKANO VW Kubelwagen 1/32 scale model with clockwork motor!

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
modler
Sergeant

OKANO VW Kubelwagen 1/32 scale model with clockwork motor!

Post by modler »

German Army Jeep. VW Kubelwagen.

I got this unique model some time ago and thought I would present it here as a military model curiosity with a wind up key. It is a decent model with 5 rubber tires, METAL wind up motor with coasting feature. The plastic body and top parts are nicely modeled and looks very scale.

1/32 scale METAL GEARBOX WIND UP free running model. The motor has a coasting feature. After the motor spring winds out and propels the Jeep forward, inertia keeps it rolling with a coast clutch feature. I have access to many other wind up models and very few have this coasting feature.

I want to build this model but it is so unique and untouched that I think I would like to preserve its present condition. However, I might change my mind and build it 8)
Attachments
Sharpie for scale
Sharpie for scale
IMG_6849 (1).jpg (84.85 KiB) Viewed 718 times
Runes on that plate.
Runes on that plate.
IMG_6847.JPG
IMG_6847.JPG (91.26 KiB) Viewed 721 times
what's this? Oh, don't see these anymore on consumer items,
what's this? Oh, don't see these anymore on consumer items,
IMG_6846.JPG (75.5 KiB) Viewed 721 times
IMG_6842.JPG
IMG_6842.JPG (62.52 KiB) Viewed 748 times
IMG_6840.JPG
IMG_6840.JPG (80.9 KiB) Viewed 748 times
IMG_6841.JPG
Last edited by modler on Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: OKANO VW Kubelwagon 1/32 scale model motorized wing up!

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
As rare as Hen's Teeth, this model built would be a great addition to your collection!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: OKANO VW Kubelwagon 1/32 scale model motorized wing up!

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

If you can read German or make sense of Google translate, here's a bit of history on Kübelwagen kits, including the above clockwork toy: https://www.multi-board.com/board/index ... %C3%A4tze/.
modler
Sergeant

Re: OKANO VW Kubelwagen 1/32 scale model motorized wing up!

Post by modler »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:If you can read German or make sense of Google translate, here's a bit of history on Kübelwagen kits, including the above clockwork toy: https://www.multi-board.com/board/index ... %C3%A4tze/.
Thank you for that interesting link Herr Dr. Yes this model is featured at that site but they dismiss it as a "toy model" and describe it as a "sparse detailing" kit. They do not mention that it has a clockwork motor and 5 rubber tires. As far as the 1/32 scale being an aircraft scale I have had a few models in this scale and they are larger than 1/35 of course. I posted a picture with a sharpie for scale.

Perhaps holding one of these Okano kits in ones hands in the original box may render a slightly better opinion of this interesting model than those of the Kubelwagen post Author at that interesting site.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: OKANO VW Kubelwagen 1/32 scale model with clockwork moto

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Indeed, the writer is not friendly to the clockwork Kübelwagen. I did think I saw the German for "clockwork," but maybe that was another, less interesting site I found in searching. To be sure, having a New In Box Okano one is pretty nice, a kind of pirate's treasure. :thumbup:

Return to “Smaller Scale Military.”