Britpack- WW2 British battlers..

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Britpack- WW2 British battlers..

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

That’s a nice collection, it makes up half of what I want my British line up to consist of, and I agree a Churchill will add to it nicely, but I can’t help but wonder if you just wanted the European line up or if you had plans for the African tanks
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:That’s a nice collection, it makes up half of what I want my British line up to consist of, and I agree a Churchill will add to it nicely, but I can’t help but wonder if you just wanted the European line up or if you had plans for the African tanks
Thanks, EB. :wave:
Earlier examples really would be fine, but my main reason for building the D-Day + (1944-45) front-line tanks was that these are the ones my father and his older brother were familiar with. They were in the same reconnaissance unit, and although Recce units mostly used armoured cars to wake the Germans up, some units also had Cromwells and the odd Firefly attached. Recce units often worked closely with other armoured units, and so the Comet, Cromwell and Firefly would have been familiar comrades- in- armour. The other prime mover here, however, is space. :think:
I already have almost 20 + 1/16 models, and I guess that already makes me a borderline eccentric, or hoarder. :problem: :D
I'd really like a Mk IV WW1 tank next, but the Churchill would complete the WW2 lineup for me. I don't exaggerate when I say I'm also running out of room for more models, and so a line has to be drawn somewhere. Two more then, maybe......tops- and that must be IT!! ! >:< Then again, that's what I said, after three, four, five. six... and so on ...clanked into the house. :/ You get the picture. :/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

"and thats IT"................................. :lolno:
Dont tell fibs Mr 43'rd, your face will turn half blue :shifty:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

“and that’s IT.” Says who? Don’t put limits on your skill. You are way too good at this!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D Thanks. HB and Prof. :thumbup: Some aspects of human nature are impossible to conceal here. :/ ;) :haha:
I'm tempted by Christian's 'basic' Churchill kit. I'll admit that. You can look at the pdf to the build here, it has no text- but enough pics for a build...probably. I'm just wondering if I want all that stress again. Luckily, I'm well away from any neighbours, and the sheep don't appear phased by the occasional rant and barrage of expletives.
https://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/Baua ... rchill.pdf

Thing is, with my house already overcrowded with delectable models, demanding attention, such that I'm beginning to feel like some sort of flagging, overcommitted Sultan, with a massive harem.. :shh: Hope you'll overlook the sexist allusion, in this most sensitive of eras, but it has a sort of relevance. :D

Dear old Jarndice mentioned that Haya might be time-travelling back to the age of the Churchill, from his commendable venture into more modern British armour; so I shall certainly follow that potential avenue, and hope that he does. He's apt to deliver on promises.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

43rdRR,

Somehow I missed this trifecta of Brit. armor! Very, very nice indeed! :clap: I've always been a fan of olive drab too! But, I must say that the British olive drab is much more appealing than the U.S. version. It's sort of like a British Racing Green, but for combat! :D

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Show Off”