Some Tanks in San Diego..

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Some Tanks in San Diego..

Post by SoCalBobS »

We use a field in the Mission Bay area of San Diego, California for IR battles. Sand and sun make for fun tank photos.

Heng Long M26 Pershing:
M26 03r.jpg
Heng Long Panzer IV:
Panzer IV 05r.jpg
Heng Long Panzer III:
Panzer III 15r.JPG
Heng Long Sturmgeschutz III:
StuG III 14r.jpeg
Heng Long T-72:
T-72 02r.jpg
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
Tubby
Recruit

Re: Some Tanks in San Diego..

Post by Tubby »

Hard to believe that these are modest Heng Longs. Very nicely painted.

The Pershing almost looks like a Tamiya!
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Tubby wrote:Hard to believe that these are modest Heng Longs. Very nicely painted.

The Pershing almost looks like a Tamiya!
You know they say "what a difference a coat of paint makes"! Yeah, it actually is a "static" HL kit - no radio, just a 27mhz main board. Take it out, put in some 6.0 24ghz stuff, paint it up and voila.

The main downside of HL tanks is their lack of IR functionality compared to Tamiya; no degrading of performance after hits, no adjustment for light/medium/heavy tanks. Upside? Buy six HL's for a Tamiya! :)
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

You certainly have a knack for making the tanks fit the landscape; or, is it that the landscape fits the tanks? :think: :D Either way, you've found the perfect location; the tanks are decked out to appear credible; and the clear, crisp photographs are well-composed. All in all, you've ticked all the right boxes. :thumbup:
On top of that, I imagine you had a great day out :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Lovely setting, Difficult to question the reality of the armour in such surroundings :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Beauty models and scenery. I went to the Naval School of Health Sciences at Balboa back in ‘82 for my hospital corpsman training. The most perfect weather I’ve ever experienced!
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Beautiful San Diego, not just tank tops.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

SCBS,

I really love that Panzer 111! It looks like it could actually be Tunisia! :clap: :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Show Off”