1/16 WWII US 4x4 willys Jeep

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

1/16 WWII US 4x4 willys Jeep

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Afternoon all,

Two build reveals in as many days Image I know, I can't believe it myself lol.

Well I'll start off by giving WCP models a big thank you for supplying myself with one of their very first 3D printed ( 1/4 ton 4x4 utility trucks ) Image I received it a few weeks ago from them and I must say that it is a little gem of a model. It is 4x4 with servo steering and runs off a 30amp esc and a 2s lipo. The eagle eyed among you may also notice that it is towing a trailer Image and for good reason, the Jeep also has a dasmikro fitted to it and for this I must also give a round of applause to the radio and electronics maestro, our very own Rad for programming it for me to work with my radio. It has switchable headlights, authentic Jeep horn sound, engine rev, engine start up/stop and of course acceleration sounds Image All of this is hidden away in the trailer along with a 2w speaker and all of the other bits and pieces.

I've still got a couple of little details that need to be made and fitted and also some light weathering to call it finished but its 95% done now. The pictures below shows how it is today along with a couple of pics with the equivalent Jeep from Danbury mint! There are also a couple showing it in the early stages and how I received it, hope you like :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: 1/16 WWII US 4x4 Jeep

This is the dasmikro sound module that Rad kindly programmed for me :thumbup:

phpBB [video]
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

It goes without saying that you have done great work into building life into your Jeep BUT what I need to know is where did you get the Radio set or did you make it and if so where did you get the reference photos ?
The reason I ask is because until I fit a proper radio set in my Torro M16 half track it just won't be properly finished.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks jarndice :D I had a cheapie 1/18 Jeep from ultimate soldier or something like that and this was one of the more useful pieces that I salvaged from it :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Absolutely awesome Lee, very well done and you have brought that 1/4 ton truck to life. Alot of work went into that for the design and build and i can see it is already being cherished. The details are outstanding.
Top Notch work
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Aw, man, Lee! That is great! I have one coming from Willi, so I'll think about the trailer trick when the budget has recovered. But I will contact Rad about those markings: I'd bet he made them. ...right, Rad?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

I hope that I have done all your hard work some justice Will :D

Cheers,Lee.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you professor :D the markings on the Jeep are a mix of ( yes you guessed correctly ) Rads masks and some decals along with a little bit of free hand. I modified the trailer from bits and pieces I had hanging around and also made the tarp cover which is fitted to a frame and just snaps into place around the trailer top and makes it easy for removal to gain access :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I am so glad you posted these photos, Lee. I am patiently (I do mean it) waiting for Willi and Catherine to finish and send my [four wheel utility vehicle] along with a searchlight and generator, and I sure have enjoyed communicating with them and seeing the pictures they send me as work progresses. It's pretty exciting to me, as this is a soft-skinned vehicle at the top of my list, right above the venerable WWII 6x6 truck (hint hint). I am not sure how long it will be until I move on to put sound in the, unh, truck, 1/4 ton type. However, is one of these what you mean by "dasmikro"? https://www.amazon.com/DasMikro/s?k=DasMikro? What a great job you have done.
Last edited by Herr Dr. Professor on Wed May 05, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

I promise you that the wait for all your goodies from WCP models will be worth it professor Image I have added a picture below to show the dasmikro sound unit I have, they are readily available from Aliexpress, that's where I have bought them from in the past.
Talking of 6x6 trucks I built one a few years back when heng long first came out with them, a couple of pics below and link to the build also :thumbup:

viewtopic.php?f=209&t=24092&hilit=6x6+heng+long+truck

Cheers,Lee. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Return to “Show Off”