1/16 WWII US 4x4 willys Jeep

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: 1/16 WWII US 4x4 Jeep

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Now that's an idea Roy :D I could buy a few more backdrops and hang them over the windows at home, I could have a wonderful view wherever I'd look then ;D

I've been working on these two builds back to back so it was just luck that they were both at roughly the same stage when I decided to post them up, I'm not known for speed building so could be a little while for another one :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks jarndice, it's amazing where some of these WWII vehicles pop up and their diverse uses, like the conversations in my Matador thread, these were used well after the war and for many different jobs such as agriculture, logging and recovery vehicles etc :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

I'm sure you'll make a grand job of yours Mick :D I look forward to seeing how it turns out as my arm could be twisted to spring for the same version as your one next :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: 1/16 WWII US 4x4 willys Jeep

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Lee, where/how did you get the bumperettes for your Jeep? The back end of mine is naked :O without the bumperettes. (That naked butt end is embarrassing when I run the Jeep.) I thought about trying to make some out of brass, but yours look to be 3D printed, maybe?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Hello professor,

Mmmm that's strange :think: mine were part of the print, if you look at the pictures at the beginning of this thread before I painted the jeep you can see them clearly being part of the bodywork. Maybe contact WCP and they'll have an idea of what's best to do :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Thank you: I thought that might be so, but I thought it unusual that parts would be missing from the print. I will PM Will.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Thank you: I thought that might be so, but I thought it unusual that parts would be missing from the print. I will PM Will.
Morning, just seen this chat, are you missing the little bumper hoops? If so I apologise, but can get some in the post
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Ah, not more naked back end on the 4X4. :D Since I have a SdKfz. 251 coming, why not just put them in that shipment when the time comes? That would be a lot easier.
(Of course, I never could figure out what good those bumperettes would do if someone in the convoy should get a bit too close. After all, there was often a spare tire and a nice gas can to crunch first for excitement.)
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

They are rather hefty pieces of steel, maybe good for putting cable thru and winching the jeep out maybe???
But yes I agree, not sure what use they would be in reality. But typically older jeeps seem to have them bent up anyways haha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “Show Off”