My lates addition, build purchased off eBay

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: My lates addition, build purchased off eBay

Post by BarryC »

Kaczor wrote:Looks great with zimmerit. Only repaint fire extinguisher and copper rope ;) Bit of weathering and it will be great model.
phpBB [video]
:thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Looks like a fantastic acquisition, Barry. :thumbup: I can't explain why I like the shape of it so much, but my Tamiya Jagdpanther is now the one in my collection that demands to be looked at most (by me, anyway) :D

One detail, if I may, that might be inconsistent with 'Late' G2 production is the coating of Zimmerit (beautifully done, however). Production of the late series began after factory application of Zimmerit ceased, so far as I can tell. Late models didn't have Zimmerit, and maybe that's why Tamiya don't supply it with the model, as they do with the King Tiger, for example.
Just a thought, though, and certainly one to ignore: She's a real beaut! So, Enjoy :thumbup:

Edit: Having had another admiring look at your Jagdpanther to be, Barry- I see that the builder has also gone for the earlier (supplied) three-piece exhaust system, as I did.

As for the Zimmerit, maybe this was a very late (transitional) G1 shell, with the coating, that was brought up to G2 spec. :) Or, perhaps, it was one of the first late G2s, and someone hadn't told the zimmerit techie that the coating was no longer needed. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Nice purchase!

I miss my Jagdpanther- had the lovely Daryl Turner bits as well!
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

BarryC wrote:
tankme wrote:Very nice. I bought my Hooben T-55A from that guy and it was a cobbled up POS that I still haven't been able to get running right. That one looks good though. Hopefully he packages better than he did with the T-55A.
I contacted him about the shipping as it is a big concern. He assured me it would be packed well, this will be my evidence should it arrive damaged and poorly packed.

I checked his feedback and it is 100% positive. Sounds like you should have left him a lower mark. ;)

Barry
The person is a member here although they haven't been on this site in about 2 years. I left bad feedback for one person on Ebay and that person retaliated with bad feedback so I didn't like to leave bad feedback. That was before Ebay revamped their feedback policies in recent years. Their current metrics only show bad feedback in a person's profile if it happened in the last year. You can go in an look at previous years and see if they have bad feedback though. It is a little harder to mess up a Tamiya kit than any other.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

I have been fortunate and have only had to leave negative feedback. I also received negative feedback from the seller.

It is scheduled to deliver via UPS later today, I will see then how well he packed it.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I guess I looked at what the tank had for add ons for the price and figured I could just fix it to my liking. Hopefully the Jag arrives in one piece. It has always been a tank I've wanted. Just something about that big 'ole wedge profile, but then again I love the look of the old brick SUVs ala Land Rover, Range Rover Defender, and Toyota 4-Runners.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “Show Off”