KV85 first run...

Here is where you can show off you tanks, post pics and info on your arsenal!

Postby dgsselkirk » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:14 pm

So here is the Second of 3 KV's that I am working on, the KV85. This consists of a resin turret and upper hull parts and a Taigen lower hull. It runs on a Clark TK80 with a servo elevation that I know works but have to do some programming on the radio to get it to work... I need to adjust the ESC so they pick up a little quicker so it won't be so jerky and run better at low speeds. Has a big ass speaker and a small Taigen stock one as well, TARR smoker, lights front and rear as you can see. It is set up as a full battler and should be a good one! Over all pretty pleased with it... :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaX_X7Y ... =DeanGodin
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Postby BarryC » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:02 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:So here is the Second of 3 KV's that I am working on, the KV85. This consists of a resin turret and upper hull parts and a Taigen lower hull. It runs on a Clark TK80 with a servo elevation that I know works but have to do some programming on the radio to get it to work... I need to adjust the ESC so they pick up a little quicker so it won't be so jerky and run better at low speeds. Has a big ass speaker and a small Taigen stock one as well, TARR smoker, lights front and rear as you can see. It is set up as a full battler and should be a good one! Over all pretty pleased with it... :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaX_X7Y ... =DeanGodin

I have never been a fan of the KV, it just looks so clunky and that turret, yuk! ;)

But yours with the 85 looks like a real tank! :clap:

Great work Dean. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
BarryC
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:20 pm

99% perfect, Dean. :thumbup:
The sounds are amazing; the gun recoil is smooth; the proportional smoke is eye-catching (nose-catching too, with the right aroma :D ), and the finish is also excellent. As you say, just a tweak is needed
in the slow manoeuvre department; but I'd say a pat on the back would be thoroughly justified. :D
43rdRecceReg
Captain

Postby dgsselkirk » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:33 am

Thanks guys,
I agree, the 85 turret looks so much nicer!
dgsselkirk

Postby PainlessWolf » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:53 am

Good afternoon!
That is beautiful work! I need to give the 'Palace' a proportional smoker like that.
regards,
Painless
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby HERMAN BIX » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:57 am

I got an old KV1 recently that I had ideas to turn into an 85
Yours is the epitome of what one should be like.
Top job
HERMAN BIX
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby EAO » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:04 am

Very nice! Love the look of the loose tracks, very accurate. I'm assuming that they're metal? As only metal has that awesome sag to them. Great sound too! :thumbup:
EAO
Lance Corporal

Postby dgsselkirk » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:28 am

Thanks for the comments guys, yes, it is a full metal sprockets, idlers, road wheels, tracks, return rollers and hull, Taigen lower ... :D I found these 8W speakers that fit perfectly in the hull that give it great sound... :D
dgsselkirk

Return to Show Off