Jimster’s Tiger in a Scenic Video

Here is where you can show off you tanks, post pics and info on your arsenal!

Postby EAO » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:43 am

And also Jim,

Nice new radio! I think it would probably confuse me even more than the QX7! And STOP shooting all the trout! Save some for seed! I'm sure the IL DNR would take a dim view of it. Love the "No Trespassing" sign in the background, that won't stop a determined Panzer Commander! Vorwarts!!!

Eric.
EAO
Lance Corporal

Postby Jimster » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:56 am

Hell yes! Tigers take no prisoners. One shot into the creek and enough fish will float to the surface to feed a good portion of the 502nd. And if you’re sitting on German 88, a No Trespassing sign looses all it’s meaning. :haha:
Foreword!!
Jimster
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:03 am

Made my day, Jim. :clap: Today, I reached my biblical quotient of years, and had a few friends over for blether, and good single malt. Try watching your tank movie to this simply stunning piece of music by Martynov, (Theme from the amazing Italian film- 'The Great Beauty', 2016): Anyone in their 'golden years' should rent, or buy, this film.. Incidentally, your tiger is becoming something of a celebrity . :D
Long may it continue :thumbup:
phpBB [video]
43rdRecceReg
Captain

Postby Jimster » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:15 am

Absolutely beautiful my friend!! How did you get a picture of me?!?! :D
Very representative of my idea of a good time! I always enjoy your posts and kindness. This is without a doubt my most favorite forum for not only information but the strong sense of fellowship as well.
go raibh maith agat
Jimster

Postby EAO » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:31 am

What Jim said, ...I think?

Eric.
EAO
Lance Corporal

Postby Met5 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:54 am

congratulations for the location, truly splendid. Nice movie, great sounds but the location is wonderful

Met5
Private

Postby Jimster » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:00 am

Thank you, Met5. It’s a very relaxing spot indeed.
Jimster

Postby LordPanzer » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:14 pm

Nice to see someone's tank outside in nature being used and enjoyed. But honestly seeing that water makes me nervous lol. Truly a nice spot to relax. I picked up a Elmod board about a year ago and played around briefly with trying to add sounds and control with a Flyski transmitter. Neat concept yet never quite got the hang of it so back into the parts bin it went.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Postby Jimster » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:45 pm

Thanks for watching my fun little video! I spend a lot of time to add the best details that my skills allow and try to use the most awesome electronics that I can and try to paint it as realistically as possible according to my ability.
But it certainly is not a shelf queen in any way. I drive the living hell out of it on almost a daily basis. Actually I git a bit rough with it on rocks sometimes just to push her limits and so far no parts have been lost or broken. As soon as I got home I removed the upper hull and checked for moisture but found none. I left the top off for a while that evening just to ensure any hidden moisture could evaporate. Still runs like a Swiss watch! :thumbup:
I hate to hear that you aren't utilizing your Elmod board. What version is it? I would buy it from you if the price is right.
Jimster

Postby LordPanzer » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:07 pm

It's a Elmod Fusion Pro with a Bluetooth adapter and Tamiya apple base conversion.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Postby EAO » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:12 pm

Not sure if that Elmod is a version F, or not. Should be though as they have been out since 2017, I think? Also, updatable as always. I love the Bluetooth adapter. So nice to be able to change parameters while test driving it, much better than just having your tank up on a block with the tracks spinning. Upon looking closer at the picture it looks like a version E.

LordPanzer, I said the same thing about Jim and the water! With my luck, my Tiger would take a dive and never resurface! I agree that the Elmod board has a learning curve, actually anything with electronics or computers pretty much stumps me. The Elmod board is awesome if you want to have tons of realistic sounds and make your tank move as realistically as possible. Of course, if it wasn't for Rad and Jimster I would still be staring at it with a dull, glazed look in my eyes. Can't forget Thomas "The Man" at Elmod though either. He was great, responded very quickly even though he was technically on holiday, super support for a great item. It took me awhile to get it going, and to learn the ins and outs of the FrSky QX7S. I'd never go back to anything else now as both the board and radio have more capabilities than I'll ever know how to use. That being said; the more I learn about both, the more impressed I am and the more fun I have! I does take a bit though.

Regards,
Eric.
EAO
Lance Corporal

Previous

Return to Show Off